Pay It Forward Day Proclamation Requests

Donovan Nichols

Feb 22, 2010, 3:03:39 AM2/22/10
to payitf...@googlegroups.com
In order to increase awareness of international Pay It Forward Day, I want to encourage you to request that your mayor and/or governor proclaims Thursday, April 29, 2010 as Pay It Forward Day.

A proclamation is an official document granting or proclaiming recognition of a person, place or thing. Proclamations are granted at the discretion of the Mayor/Governor and often involve "naming" a day or specific period of time in recognition of the honoree. The request usually has to be submitted 30 days prior to the date requested; therefore, in this case by March 29th.

This year, over 15 countries will be involved in the day and we are trying to get over 1 million people involved as well. If you are interested in getting a proclamation create for your city or state, please see the process below. Otherwise, have a wonderful day. I will be sending out another email within a week of other ways to get involved with helping the Pay It Forward movement.

Process for getting a Proclamation
1) Let me know that you are interested in helping to obtain a proclamation from your mayor or governor for Pay It Forward Day (I want to make sure that we only have one person requesting a proclamation for each city and state).

2) Search for your city/state's proclamation process. I just googled "State of Nevada Proclamation". You could also go to your governments website and search.

3) You will probably either have to submit an online form or email someone in the government office to request the proclamation.  You should use the information that is in the template proclamation (attached to this email) to create a Pay It Forward Day proclamation for your city/state. I have also attached the PiF Day proclamation for Henderson, NV for 2009.

4) Send me an electronic copy of your city/state's proclamation once you receive it so we can post it on facebook and the PiF Day website.

Please contact me if you have any questions.  I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Sincerely,
Donovan
--
Donovan Nichols
International Pay It Forward Day, United States National Coordinator