way to provide extra env or properties files?

Mark Anderson

May 16, 2021, 8:50:00 PM5/16/21
to Payara Forum
with the payara-micro.jar command line i'm not seeing any way to specify a X.env file
of environment variables, or a X.properties file that has arbitrary jvm system properties.
(There is --systemproperties  but as far as I can tell it is just used for payara. namepace).

So even though payara micro supports MP Config, I'm not see an easy way to specify
additional config values on the command line.
I'm also seeing no way to specify additional config *sources* (not just values) on the
command-line as part of permanent config -- just things i can maybe do in the
asadmin UI.

Right now I'm sourcing a file with a bunch of "export A=1" type lines in it, which seems
to work but isn't ideal.

Rudy De Busscher

May 18, 2021, 3:36:39 AM5/18/21
to Payara Forum
Hi,

You are correct that the --systemProperties command line option is only used to configure Payara Micro options.  It seems a good idea to me if we add the possibility that this file is also used to define system properties in general that can be picked up by MicroProfile Config.

If you want to avoid a long list of exports for the moment, i recommend that you write a custom MicroProfile ConfigSource that reads a properties file from the filesystem.

Best Regards
Rudy