How to solve JSessionId for SEO

Martin Kováč

Feb 7, 2021, 5:14:15 AM2/7/21
to Payara Forum
Hi all,

in our application SEO engines are complaining on urls with jsessionId(;jsessionid=bf37cc0..).
I did some investigation but did not find best solution.
1. we cant use only cookies with <tracking-mode>COOKIE</tracking-mode>.
2. we cant block sessionId creation for robots as our logic depends on sessionId.
3. SEO guys suggested us that we should use instead of ;jsessionid=bf37cc0.. ->
#jsessionid=bf37cc0.. -> that everything behind '#' separator is ignored by SEO engines.
Here I found that this is implemented in payara servlet container in org.apache.catalina.connector.Request parseSessionId method and called from org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.

Please can I simple override this separator from ";" to "#" ? And how can I do it ?
Do you see any other way how to make SEO engine happy regarding sessionId  ?

thanks
Kind regards,
Martin