It looks like the autodeploy isn't including the war file in its path

Alex Kemp

Sep 17, 2021, 10:52:33 AM9/17/21
to Payara Forum
Hi there,

As of Payara version 5.2021.7 I can deploy my application automatically in docker on container start but it errors with Invalid ejb jar [my application]: it contains zero ejb.

However, I can log into the UI and deploy the application manually without any errors.

Upon further inspection, It looks like the command the auto deploy is running is

"deploy /opt/payara/deployments/authn.simple"

with "authn.simple" being my application.

If I change the postboot script to include the war file, so

"deploy /opt/payara/deployments/authn.simple/authn.simple-2.0.0.war"

and reboot the container, it deploys successfully. It looks like the autodeploy isn't including the war file in its path?

Stackoverflow question here

Thanks

Alex

Alex Kemp

Sep 17, 2021, 11:20:17 AM9/17/21
to Payara Forum
ah ok so inside my deployments' dir was a folder called "authn.simple" and within that lay the war file. Removing the folder and having the war file in the top level deployments dir fixed the issue.

My understanding was that the deployment process searched for war files in the sub directories and appended them to the postboot commands?