Make you suggestions for a new Payara Forum

Payara

Sep 10, 2021, 6:43:26 AM9/10/21
to Payara Forum
We are currently working on a new updated Payara Forum. We wanted to give the existing forum members the opportunity to leave your suggestions for how we should structure the forum (categories, rules, etc). Any and other thoughts you might have.

It is very likely that we will be using Discourse, which gives us a lot of flexibility and room to grow.

Please leave your ideas below!

Andrew G10i

Sep 15, 2021, 10:15:13 PM9/15/21
to Payara Forum
Just go ahead with Discourse, even with the basic setup it should be already much better than google groups. ;)
IMHO: with Discourse  you may consider disabling timeline which eats quarter of display width on the right (https://try.discourse.org/t/what-is-a-onebox/276) . Not very efficient as for tech forum.
Thanks!

Payara

Sep 17, 2021, 8:52:17 AM9/17/21