How to tell Payara server where an application font is located

Danut Soare

Feb 4, 2021, 6:09:11 AM2/4/21
to Payara Forum
Hi,
I have deployed an old JasperReleaseIntegration application into a Payara Docker server. Unfortunately, I get this error:
 type Exception report
messageInternal Server Error
descriptionThe server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this equest.
exception
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRFontNotFoundException: Font 'Tahoma' is not available to the JVM. See the Javadoc for more details.
note The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are available in the Payara Server 5.2020.5 #badassfish logs.

The font is located in the same directory as the reports files. Can you please tell me how to tell Payara to search for this font?

Message has been deleted

AleksNo

Feb 4, 2021, 7:51:38 AM2/4/21
to Payara Forum
Hi, copy the font into the jdk/lib/fonts-directory. If there is no fonts-directory then create one. I had a similar problem with Crystal Reports.

Cheers

Danut Soare

Feb 4, 2021, 8:46:08 AM2/4/21
to Payara Forum
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I didn't find any jdk/lib folder. Should I create it also?

BR,
Dan

Message has been deleted

AleksNo

Feb 4, 2021, 10:13:52 AM2/4/21
to Payara Forum
Hi,

i meant your JDK installation. You need a JDK to run the Payara server. Open the JDK folder and navigate to the lib-Folder. And in this lib-Folder should be a fonts-Folder. If not, create one and copy the font into it.

Cheers

Danut Soare

Feb 4, 2021, 10:32:05 AM2/4/21
to Payara Forum
Thank you for your advice. It works!
I've created a fonts folder in /usr/lib/jvm/zulu8/jre/lib - the openjdk path provided by payara docker container, copied the fonts and restart the container.

Have a nice day,
Dan