Protocolo de Cifrado de Password

Yonier Andrés Restrepo Rodríguez

Apr 27, 2021, 4:40:29 PM4/27/21
to Payara Forum
Hello, please can someone help me and inform me what is the protocol used to encrypt the passwords of the users in Payara. I understand that in the file /payara5/glassfish/domains/production/config/admin-keyfile It saves the encrypted passwords but I don't know what protocol it encrypts them with. Thank you

Rudy De Busscher

Apr 29, 2021, 1:55:48 AM4/29/21
to Payara Forum
Hi,

The administrator password is not encrypted within the admin-keyfile. the file contains the salt and the hash of the combination of password and salt.  You cannot recover the password from the file itself, or in any other way. See https://github.com/payara/Payara/blob/c109277d9f3d21a742efe967603cf55b37f23718/nucleus/common/common-util/src/main/java/org/glassfish/security/common/FileRealmStorageManager.java#L695

Best Regards
Rudy