Is possible to deploy PrimeFaces 8.0 as payara server library for web container to load it?

Cidy Long

Jun 16, 2021, 5:53:35 AM6/16/21
to Payara Forum
I get multiple applications will share same PrimeFaces 8.0 as JSF implementation.

I'm trying to add it by using [./asadmin add-library PrimeFaces-8.0.jar] to make it system wise available instead of put it into every *.war's lib directory.

But when I deploy the *.war into a payara server instance, payara server instance not found PrimeFaces, there is no PrimeFaces elements rendered at all.

Any idea?

Appreciated!

Ondro Mihályi

Jun 16, 2021, 8:03:12 AM6/16/21
to Cidy Long, Payara Forum
Hi Cidy,

I believe that PrimeFaces 8.0 works on Payara Server. There were some issues with older versions of PF but 8.0 fixed them. Does your application work if you include PF jar in your application? Do you get any errors in Payara Server's log or in the browser javascript console?

All the best,
Ondro

st 16. 6. 2021 o 11:53 Cidy Long <cidy...@gmail.com> napísal(a):

Volker Kuhn

Jun 16, 2021, 8:54:58 AM6/16/21
to Payara Forum
Not the author of the first post, but PrimeFaces 8 works on Payara from a war. The question is about how to get it recognized when adding is using the add-library command.

Ondro Mihályi

Jun 18, 2021, 5:09:35 AM6/18/21
to Volker Kuhn, Payara Forum
I don't see why PF wouldn't be visible if added as a server library. It ends up on the classpath anyway, just loaded by a parent classloader.

If there's an issue, please raise it on Payara github and attach a simple reproducer application.

Ondro

st 16. 6. 2021 o 14:55 Volker Kuhn <folker....@gmail.com> napísal(a):