Deploy war file in Payara 5 Docker container

Alex Kemp

Sep 10, 2021, 7:41:36 AM9/10/21
to Payara Forum

I'm having trouble getting my war file to deploy on application start. I'm using Payara Server Full

According to the docs here:

The following sample Dockerfile can be used to prepare a custom Payara Server image that deploys the myapplication.war artefact at runtime:

FROM payara/server-full COPY myapplication.war $DEPLOY_DIR

And to launch the container, simply build and run the image like this:

docker build -t mycompany/myapplication:1.0 . docker run -p 8080:8080 mycompany/myapplication:1.0

But when I run the container, it doesn't try and deploy the application unless I restart the container. Am I missing something here? I'd expect the container to try and deploy the application from a fresh boot, every time, otherwise it kind of defeats the point of ephemeral containers?

Link to stack overflow where i've posted the logs:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69117678/deploy-war-file-in-payara-5-docker-container

Rudy De Busscher

Sep 13, 2021, 9:33:52 AM9/13/21
to Payara Forum
Hi,

An issue appeared in version 5.2021.5 of the Docker Image so that applications do not deploy anymore correctly.  This is fixed within the release of this week (version 5.2021.7)

Regards
Rudy