Could you please help to explain about the closed issue #5224

Charlee Chitsuk

May 17, 2021, 10:40:12 AM5/17/21
to Payara Forum
Hi,

Regarding to my opened issue at Payara GitHub #5224  "Payara Embedded All fail to test with JUnit5, Maven Failsafe Plugin and Arquillian." [1],  At the moment it is closed with the comment as "You are adding a failsafe plugin to the <pluginManagement> section. Kindly remove it and try executing it."

Please correct me If I'm wrong and bear with me. I'm understanding as the following: -

1.  During the `maven test` phase, the `maven-surefire-plugin` will handle it. On the other hand during the `maven integration-test and verify`, the `maven-failsafe-plugin` will handle it as well. [2][3][4][5]

2. If we remove the  `maven-failsafe-plugin` as the recommended, the maven integration test will not be performed.

3. My issue as its subject is about "Payara Embedded All fail to test with JUnit5, **Maven Failsafe Plugin** and Arquillian.".

As of now I do not understand why I've to remove  `maven-failsafe-plugin` and make my maven not to execute the `integration-test` and `verify` phase, especially why it is treated as a solution for this issue.

Could you please help to explain?

Thank you very much for your help in advance. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Charlee Ch.

Ondro Mihályi

May 22, 2021, 1:33:11 PM5/22/21
to Charlee Chitsuk, Payara Forum
Hi Charlee,

I see that we had a productive discussion on the issue https://github.com/payara/Payara/issues/5224 and that you were able to find a solution to the problem.

All the best and happy coding with Payara!

Ondro

po 17. 5. 2021 o 16:40 Charlee Chitsuk <charl...@gmail.com> napísal(a):