Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Cynthia Heyman

ungelesen,
15.02.2022, 10:41:1315.02.22
an pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys, just want to let you know that I'm working on a brand new version of Paw Tap.  This will be for Scent Work as well as Barn Hunt.  I'm doing the SW stuff first, but will be adding BH as I go along.  I plan to make it so you can buy a license for one (or both) and have it actived for only what you purchase.  Those who already have purchased a copy of the current BH software won't have to pay full price for the new one (I know all our clubs are poor).

Anyway, it will be a desktop application, but the framework I'm using to develop it allows me to compile it for desktop, mobile and web.  I've been putting a copy online just so people can look at it as I go. So far this is just really a Skeleton.  It lets you enter events, trials, locations, clubs, people and dogs.  I'm working on more bit by bit as time allows.

What I would love is, if you have time, if you'd have a look at give me feedback.  Feel free to play around with it and add stuff too.   I've put the People and Dogs on one page, and I'm wondering if that's okay, or if they should each be on a separate page.  A ton of things (most things) don't really work right yet.  But this gives you an idea.

I've also created a Facebook group if anyone wants to communicate that way.  It's brand new and doesn't have many members yet.

Also, I'll apologize again for slow response times.  I have a severe case of generalized and social anxiety, so I'm a lot better with computers and dogs than I am with people.  If I were rich I'd hire someone to do all the support for me. :p

Thanks!

Kristin Ohberg

ungelesen,
16.02.2022, 22:54:0616.02.22
an pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cynthia,

Great news; I run Barn Hunt events and PawTaps has been invaluable. We just started doing NASDA events; would your new program work for that by chance? I will take a look at your skeleton version.

Thanks,

Kristin Ohberg
Sunnyside Dog Sports
Bend OR

--
http://pawtap.net
---

Kristin Ohberg

ungelesen,
16.02.2022, 23:02:0216.02.22
an pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cynthia,

It looks like it could be adapted to NASDA with a few tweaks, which is encouraging. Nice clean look too!

Kristin Ohberg

On Feb 15, 2022, at 7:40 AM, Cynthia Heyman <cyn...@tiptail.com> wrote:

Jan Huff

ungelesen,
05.04.2022, 20:27:5505.04.22
an PawTapBHA Secretary Software Discussion Group
So can you tell me if this will be finalized by the time the June 1st changes happen?  Or are you modifying the old one to incorporate those changes?  There are some critical changes happening.

Also, is there a way to update the scribe sheets to the changes made last fall?

Thanks,
Jan

tailwagginevents

ungelesen,
06.04.2022, 10:25:1306.04.22
an pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
I would be curious to hear if the changes to Barn Hunt will be updated on the Pawtap software also?
How do we get those changes?

--

Cynthia Heyman

ungelesen,
10.04.2022, 13:52:1310.04.22
an pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
I am going to see if I can make a minor change with the heights to the current software.  There is no way I can get the new one going on time, especially since I have trials every weekend in May.

The only thing I would update would be the jump heights, as it's not really worth my time to do anything else on the old software.

The new software is being updated and I upload it online for anyone who wants to see it.  My notes are on this page:

Anyone can play with it, create events etc.  There are not many checks on inputs though.

Elizabeth Staley

ungelesen,
10.04.2022, 15:37:1210.04.22
an pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
Is the update to place master B dogs by height also going to happen? That will affect the results spreadsheet.

I assumed line drive would be waiting on the new software to be ready.

Elizabeth
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 10, 2022, at 1:52 PM, Cynthia Heyman <cyn...@tiptail.com> wrote:

4supe...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
11.04.2022, 11:36:3311.04.22
an pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com

Is it possible to update the scribe sheets also?  I don’t know these things but it seems that might not take too much time.

Jan

--
http://pawtap.net
---

Cynthia Heyman

ungelesen,
12.04.2022, 11:09:1612.04.22
an pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
the only thing I'll update on the old software is the minimum needed for placements. I'm concentrating all my time on the new software.

Judy Amarose

ungelesen,
18.05.2022, 08:51:3218.05.22
an pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
Do you have an ETA when the update will be ready for the current software?  We have a trial the first weekend of June and none of the placement results will be correct.
Please advise.

Thanks.

Judy Amarose

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 11:09 AM Cynthia Heyman <cyn...@tiptail.com> wrote:
the only thing I'll update on the old software is the minimum needed for placements. I'm concentrating all my time on the new software.

gailsagility

ungelesen,
18.05.2022, 10:27:3118.05.22
an pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
I found a work around.  The barnhunt results load does not include the dog's height.  So i found you can manually check the dogs and change the one's needed to fix the grouping.  Barnhunt will still have the correct number.