Pawtap V2-First Trial Weekend

Angela White

Apr 3, 2023, 7:13:43 PM4/3/23
to PawTapBHA Secretary Software Discussion Group
Hi There,

We had our first trial this weekend and we are using V2.

Definitely some big programming issues which is making usage quite difficult

1: When dogs title up, I would change their level on the dog page and press "Save Changes". Dogs were still showing up under the previous level for all runs going forward and I could not change it on the dogs run page either (as you cannot change runs, you have to delete them all). The only workaround that we could do was delete all scores, delete all runs and reenter everything. Huge margin for error and very time consuming.

2: Unable to Update the judges for each class. We had to change our class order for the weekend. When I tried to update (yes, I pressed the "Updating Runs with Judge Changes" toggle. This did not update the judges. I have to manually update all judges on the spreadsheet. Again, very consuming.

3: On the results spreadsheet, dogs that NQ'd are still showing up as having a placement. No placement for them is showing under "Enter Scores. Again, I had to manually update the 00:00:0 FAIL to no placement.

We have another trial in 6 weeks and will be unable to use V2 if these issues persist.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Elizabeth Staley

Apr 4, 2023, 10:57:24 AM4/4/23
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
for issue 1: you have to go to the yellow button “dogs runs - add, change, view” and change the runs for the remainder of the weekend. Changing the main dog details page only chnages the default for future entries, not entries already done. change the runs in the yellow button, then click save-go to person or save-go to dog.

for issue 2: you have to change the judge, toggle update runs with judge change on and remember you have to hit save for it to save. I just did this on my version 2.00.02 build 20230304.030 and it worked.

I have a trial this weekend so i cant check the spreadsheet issue until then.

Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2023, at 7:13 PM, Angela White <anwhi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi There,
--
http://pawtap.net
---

Angela White

Apr 4, 2023, 2:09:23 PM4/4/23
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
Issue 1: Unfortunately, the save-go to person and save-go to dog does not work on my version. This is the reason I cannot change runs. Those two buttons only work for me when I initially setup runs…they do not work to change or add runs.

Issue 2: the toggle on button does not stay on after pressing save

I appreciate the advice and I do know how to make the above changes but the version I’m using does not work properly, as the save buttons do not save.