Add New Person Error after moving to new computer

已查看 14 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Martha Metzler-Ghofranian

未读,
2023年1月16日 01:17:152023/1/16
收件人 PawTapBHA Secretary Software Discussion Group
Hi there - I searched in the history of the group but i cannot find this error mentioned and I'm hoping someone has an easy fix for me.

My original laptop was getting stressed out so I went and bought a new one today and installed Pawtap and moved over my files to the appropriate locations on my computer and everything was there and it looked great.  I was able to see the upcoming trial and all of the people that were entered etc.  I have a backlog of people I need to add so I was sitting down to do that and I got this error "This action cannot be performed because the file is not modifiable" after I click " +Add New Person".

I have version 1.5.3  For fun, I ran all of the error checks in maintenance knowing they wouldn't help but I had to try!

Does anyone, especially Cynthia, have any solutions?

THANK YOU!

Martha
Dogs With Rattitude

Martha Metzler-Ghofranian

未读,
2023年1月16日 01:22:212023/1/16
收件人 PawTapBHA Secretary Software Discussion Group
I was going to delete this post because I figured it out but I decided to leave it in case anyone else runs into this.

I have no idea how/why but the folders for pawtap were set as read only and I had to change them to be able to be edited.

Martha

Myrna Rychlik

未读,
2023年1月16日 09:28:292023/1/16
收件人 pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the follow up and solution.  Although I have never experienced this error, I have switched to a new computer one time before without issue.  I may never need to do it again, but appreciate that there is a place to start looking if the need arises.

Myrna Rychlik
TRM Katy Tx

--
http://pawtap.net