Re: [Paws & Taws] Contact Information for 2024 New Dancers

kathypossu...@gmail.com

May 22, 2024, 9:03:03 PMMay 22
to Paws & Taws, Members, PawsAndTa...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Re McLadke Orchards dance this Friday.

I’ve just returned from Australia and working through emails. Let me clarify any confusion.

1. Cost of entry:
EITHER non-perishable food items OR cash donation.

This is at the request of the venue owner in lieu of the usual $600 venue fee. The owner very generously offered to forgo venue fee in favor of donations to the Seneca Food Pantry (non profit providing food for local people in need), so let’s repay his generosity with generous donations!

2. Food for the dance:
Members please bring a plate of food as usual. This is not a meal, just snacks as per any usual dance.

3. Drinks for the dance:
Bottled water and soda will be available for purchase on honesty system. This is a service provided by the venue. Alternatively, bring your own reusable water bottle/mug. We will have a cooler of good ‘ol tap water.

4. Parking:
There is plenty of parking but it is a moderate walk from the barn on unsealed ground.

For those who need assistance or who are unsteady on their feet; there will be ONE golf cart to transfer people between the car park and venue.

Carpooling is always a good idea for both the environment and socialization. It also means you won’t have to walk as far.

5. The dance:
Joe Arnold calling (who, by the way, is super excited for this open air gig). Mainstream workshop at 7 followed by dance. No rounds.

6. The venue:
This is an open air venue! It’s a barn with one enclosed end and 3 open sides. The floor has just been redone (200 hrs work) so it’s currently looking smooth and shiny. There are flush toilets just a few steps from the barn.

The address is
McLadke Orchards, 596 Sitton Shoals Rd, Seneca.
Coordinates are
34.61305° N, 82.95199° W
It’s less than 10 mins drive from our regular venue.

7. Weather forecast:
Friday’s forecast is fantastic for an open air event! At 7pm it will be 75° and at 10pm 70°. Can’t get better than that!

8. Dress:
This is a Memorial Day Dance. Dress as you like but I strongly recommend shoes or boots that are either flat soled or with low and wide sturdy heels. DO NOT WEAR HIGH HEELS OR POINTED HEELS. I also suggest bringing a light jacket in case you get cool between or after dancing.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Finally - It’s quite rare to have an open air venue (just ask Joe) so take advantage of this one and come dance your boots off with us!

Thank you to all those who have or are currently serving their country.

Regards,
Kathy Prosser
Co-President
Paws & Taws

Sent from my iPhone

On 21 May 2024, at 7:52 PM, Michaela McIntosh <michae...@att.net> wrote:

That does clear up all but one thing that wasn’t mentioned Jon, what about parking? Would it be helpful to carpool?
Michaela

On May 21, 2024, at 6:57 PM, Jon Sims <jon.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

This venue is usually a six hundred dollar venue. To expose more people to the venue and because we are a nonprofit we were given the opportunity to use the facility in return for a food drive of non perishable items.

Our next bring food for a meal dance will be at the Dixon’s in June and the club will contribute to that event (as we have in the past) to make sure everyone is well fed  - more details on that soon.

But for Friday we need everyone to get a few non perishable items of food. If you can’t then a cash donation will work.

Then we want people to bring along the normal snacks they would bring to a themed dance - the theme is Memorial Day.

Finally we want you to take pictures and post them and brag on our hosts AND if you can make use of their facility on a commercial basis in the future, tell them that you were at this Paws and Taws dance when you book.

I hope that clears everything up.

Jon Sims

On Tue, May 21, 2024 at 4:01 PM Carolyn Benton <cbent...@gmail.com> wrote:
Kathy, I think, posted on the Paws and Taws page this morning. Donations are what is needed not food. No meal before the dance.  I'm assuming just snacks as usual.

On Tue, May 21, 2024, 1:59 PM Jan Prentice <jan.pr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I have had several people asking me about food for this Friday.  It seems there is some confusion.  I am hearing that if they bring a food donation they do not need to bring a dish to share.  Is this correct?  Do we buy fried chicken for this event?

Perhaps we need to send out another reminder to members and new dancers to clarify???

jan