Hide tasks in `paver help`

Janne Härkönen

Oct 4, 2011, 1:57:09 AM10/4/11
to pa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am quite new to paver so perhaps my reasoning is flawed and I am happy to be corrected.

I have two tasks, which have a lot of common setup. I run these tasks both independently and together. For the case of running together, I'd like to define the common setup as an auxiliary task, so that it is run only once.

What I'd now like is that the auxiliary task is not shown in `paver help`. Is this somehow possible? Or what would be the correct the way to run the setup always just once?

--J

Almad

Nov 25, 2011, 5:01:55 AM11/25/11
to paver
Hi,

On 4 říj, 06:57, Janne Härkönen <janne.t.harko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two tasks, which have a lot of common setup. I run these tasks both
> independently and together. For the case of running together, I'd like to
> define the common setup as an auxiliary task, so that it is run only once.

If task is only auxilary and it makes no sense for it to be on it's
own, does it has to be task and not only Python function that is just
called?

> What I'd now like is that the auxiliary task is not shown in `paver help`.
> Is this somehow possible? Or what would be the correct the way to run the
> setup always just once?

Providing @no_help decorator shoud be easy. However, it should be
noted that it is not recommended much as by importing tasks from some
library, task that is not shown in help may be overshadowed by custom
task in top-level pavement.

Filed https://github.com/paver/paver/issues/36 for it.

> --J

Almad