Invalid paver-minilib.zip

Martin Taylor

Apr 5, 2012, 1:26:26 PM4/5/12
to paver
I have paver 1.0.5 installed on my Win7 64-bit PC. I use 32-bit
ActiveState Python 2.6.4.
When I ask paver to generate a paver-minilib.zip file by doing:
paver minilib
it generates a paver-minilib.zip file that cannot be opened by Windows
7 or by 7ZIP. The only tool that seems to be able to analyze the
internals of this paver-minilib.zip file is BeyondCompare. When I
compare the paver-minilib.zip that I generate compared with, for
example, the one that is delivered with Robot Framework's RIDE tool it
shows that setuputils.py is missing from my paver-minilib.zip file.

Can anyone help with this issue? Why would paver generate a badly
formatted ZIP file? Why would it be missing setuputils.py?

Thanks,
Martin

Martin Taylor

Apr 5, 2012, 3:22:52 PM4/5/12
to paver
I've checked and found that
C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\Paver-1.0.5-py2.6.egg\paver
\setuputils.py
does exist on my system, so I have no further clue as to why this
would not be included in the paver-minilib.zip file.