How to avoid minilib.zip

ponty

Apr 13, 2012, 11:32:32 AM4/13/12
to paver
This is my solution to avoid minilib.zip:

There are some problems with minilib.zip ( no python3 support,..) I'm
not sure why minilib.zip is recommended by the documentation. Most of
the projects don't need anything from minilib.zip for the install
task. The only feature I use is that project info is not duplicated.
But this can be achived in other ways.
For example:
if I have a standard setup.py then I can I read it from pavement.py
by this hack:

# get info from setup.py
setup_py=''.join([x for x in path('setup.py').lines() if 'setuptools'
not in x])
exec(setup_py)

Now the package can be installed under Python3 and paver is used only
for development under Python 2.7.
No Paver bug affects the user, only the developer.
This hack doesn't help projects with custom install process of course.

Discussion on Github:
https://github.com/paver/paver/issues/51