Using Paver with Distribute

Keith Hughitt

Nov 22, 2011, 10:17:52 AM11/22/11
to pa...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if it is possible use the extended setup parameters from setuptools/distribute (e.g. "use_2to3" and "extra_requires") in the paver sdist task?

Ideally, I would like to be able to use distribute/setuptools for my setup.py file, but paver for other tasks including building a source distribution.

Thanks,
Keith

Almad

Nov 25, 2011, 4:55:23 AM11/25/11
to paver
Hi,

On 22 lis, 16:17, Keith Hughitt <keith.hugh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible use the extended setup parameters from
> setuptools/distribute (e.g. "use_2to3" and "extra_requires") in the paver
> sdist task?

yes, they should definitely work. If there are some bugs, please
report them.

> Ideally, I would like to be able to use distribute/setuptools for my
> setup.py file, but paver for other tasks including building a source
> distribution.

Unless overwritten, paver should behave exactly like distribute/
setuptools (see http://packages.python.org/Paver/getting_started.html#paver-is-compatible-with-distutils),
so with little trick (http://packages.python.org/Paver/
getting_started.html#but-people-are-used-to-setup-py), you should be
able to have only one codebase for both files.

> Thanks,
> Keith

Almad