Paul's Grains August Update

Paul's Grains

Aug 6, 2013, 3:47:45 PM8/6/13
to pauls...@googlegroups.com
Greetings in August!!

Another month has flown by! We are scheduled to have a booth at the Downtown Des Moines Farmer's Market this Saturday--August 10th. We will be at the same location--S. 2nd St., about a third of the way down the block on the west side. Call or email you would would like us to bring an order along for you. Otherwise, we will see you there if you can make it!

On the home front, for those of you who have been following our development of our new milling facility, it looks like it will be in the best interest for us to down-size for now and discontinue wholesale accounts and shipping out-of-state orders. If you want to make a purchase and fall into one of those categories, feel free to call or email and we will be happy to fill any orders between now and August 30th. It hasn't been an easy decision for us to make since we have appreciated our business connections. You have all become like family to us and we have enjoyed each of you.

We are in the midst of our small grain harvest. The wheat and spelt are in wagons now and the straw from them is baled--thanks to some timely visitors from Texas that dropped in just at the perfect time to bring in some bales. Now, we are waiting for the rye and oats to dry down a little more so we can bring them in from the fields. The peaches are ripening on the trees and the summer squash, green beans, and cucumbers are doing great. We are enjoying a few tomatoes at this point and it looks like the onions and green peppers will be ready soon. The sweet potatoes are vining out nicely, too. It will be interesting to find out what is under the vines when we dig them in September.

We are so grateful for all the Lord has brought into our lives and we are looking forward to seeing where He wants to lead us in the months ahead. Feel free to contact us via email-...@heartofiowa.net  or by phone 641-476-3373. Again, we appreciate everyone's support through the years and we plan to continue milling grains to meet the needs of those here in Iowa and if any of you from out of state are passing through, you are more than welcome to give us your order and pick it up here at the farm or make other arrangements.

May the Lord continue to guide each of you,

Teresa (for the Paul Family)