June 14th DSM Farmer's Market

Paul's Grains

Jun 9, 2014, 5:20:11 PM6/9/14
to pauls...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

We are working on the grain milling for the DSM Farmer's Market this Saturday, June 14th. If you would like to place an order, either call (641-476-37) or email (sp...@heartofiowa.net) and we can get it ready for you. The sooner the better for us!

We are definitely busy with all the activities that a new season brings to our farm operation. We have all the fields planted except for some buckwheat. With all the timely rain showers that we have had, everything is growing very rapidly. We are so thankful to have the rains so far this season. It is making it a little difficult to get some hay baled. Daniel finally decided to go ahead and cut it today since we may have about 3 days without any rain. The temperatures aren't going to be excessively warm, so it won't dry real fast, but it was getting too big to really put it off any longer. We will see what happens.

As for family news, Susanna has returned from 2 months in Honduras and is now serving with Bearing Precious Seed in El Paso, TX. She will be coming home on June 21st for a two-week break and then going back to BPS until the end of August. We are looking forward to seeing all her pictures and hearing all her stories, but most of all just seeing her! June 28th we are having an open house for Rachel's high school graduation. It is going to be a change to have everyone graduated after starting our homeschooling journey back in 1984-85. For 30 years there has always been someone working on some schoolwork. Life will still bring us many learning experiences, I'm sure. Abigail and her family plan to be here for the graduation and possibly the next week when Joseph and family come for a visit. We are looking forward to seeing them all. Lukas, our grandson, is very mobile now, so he enjoys exploring the farm. He will enjoy running around with Ruby, our granddaughter, when she gets here.

We appreciate all our faithful customers and look forward to seeing everyone who can make it to the market Saturday.

God bless!

Teresa (for the Paul family)