Market Time!

Paul's Grains

Aug 4, 2014, 4:31:27 PM8/4/14
to pauls...@googlegroups.com
Hello to each of you!

We are enjoying a beautiful summer. The rye, wheat, and oats were all brought in from the fields last week. The straw was raked and baled and is waiting for the truck to come and pick it for a ride to Indiana. It is nice to have those crops in. Despite the rain knocking down the rye and oats, they yielded a fair amount of grain. I haven't heard how the oat crop did. Now, we have to walk some more soybean fields to get the volunteer corn and sunflowers out before they multiply.

We have added a few members to our farm to replace some that were moved on to other places. We sold quite a few of our kid goats and lambs. Then, we bought a couple pigs to raise with the extra goat's milk. We also bought two calves to bottle feed. One is a Jersey and the other is a Holstein. It has been a new experience as we have never really had to bottle feed any of our calves.

We would like to remind each of you that we will be at the Downtown Des Moines Farmer's Market on Saturday, August 9th. If you live close enough to stop by and pick up an order, let us know what you can use so we can bring it along. Either email us at sp...@heartofiowa.net or give us at call at 641-476-3373.

Until next month,

Teresa (for the Paul family)