Paul's Grains Grass-fed Beef

Paul's Grains

Jan 27, 2014, 2:06:53 PM1/27/14
to pauls...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Butchering time has arrived! We still have some beef that hasn't been spoken for, so if you are interested let us know as soon as possible. The meat will be ready about the middle of February. The sooner we receive your order, the easier it will be to get you the cuts you would like.

This winter has been an interesting one here on the farm. The middle of December through the first of January our 4 children still at home took off for Oregon and California to visit relatives. That left Steve and I here to take care of the chores, etc. Thankfully it all went pretty smoothly. With the extremely cold temperatures from time to time we did have to deal with some watering issues, but thankfully they were relatively easy to fix. We were reminded of what we went through with hauling water from January to May last year after our fire. We found ourselves taking the water for granted already. It has been so nice to just turn on the faucets for dishwashing, etc. and for the livestock waterers to always have drinking water available for the animals. We are, however, looking forward to spring. At the moment we have 1 degree and that doesn't make it very inviting to do outdoor activities. Therefore, we are focusing on tax work, etc. so we will be prepared to go out when it does warm up.  : ) We were thankful that the trip to Oregon and California was enjoyed by all. They had clear, dry roads all the way there and back. They didn't have any snow on the roads until they reached Des Moines, IA, on their way home. It made the trip a lot more enjoyable.

We have a carpenter who will help us on our new granary on the warmer winter days--25 degrees or warmer without much wind. So far we have only had one of those days, but we are looking forward to more as winter fades away. We would like to finish the ventilation area on the top of the building so the rain and snow won't have free access to the center of the building. Then, we would like to finish installing the rest of the siding on the walls. We will see how soon that materializes since the new planting season gets underway in March and April.

Once again, we would like to thank all of you who have been praying for us through these past two years. We will keep you informed as to our progress from time to time. If you need any of our products just call or email.

Until next time,

Teresa (for the Paul family)