Market Time in July

1 view

Paul's Grains

Jul 7, 2015, 9:13:37 PM7/7/15
to pauls...@googlegroups.com
Hello to all of you!!

Once again another month has flown by and we are preparing for the market in Des Moines. Saturday, July 11th, we will be at the downtown farmers market from 7-12 in our usual spot on South 2nd St. If you would like to pick up an order there, just give us a call (641) 476-3373 or email us  your order (sp...@heartofiowa.net) and we will get it ready for you. The sooner we hear from you, the easier it is for us to get it together in a timely manner.

Since our last letter, we have been trying keep the corn and soybean fields cultivated in between all the rain. We were able to get some hay into the barn over the weekend with some help from visitors. The cooler temperatures and rains have made it difficult to find a window of opportunity to get hay in since it usually requires 3-5 days of dry weather. On the other hand, we are thankful that the timely rains have made it unnecessary for us to water our garden. The green beans and summer squash are now producing. We are looking forward to tomatoes and cucumbers before too long.

We enjoyed a break from the everyday routine this past weekend with everyone home for the weekend. We were able to find time for visiting, games, fireworks, etc. The weather was sunny and warm, but not hot. We worked on some wedding preparations for Daniel and Amy's wedding coming up August 22nd. We gathered some wheat and oats from the fields for decorations and brought it up to the front yard where we bundled it up. With some willing hands, the wedding invitations were also addressed and stamped so they could be mailed out. Of course, we thoroughly enjoyed getting to spend time with the grandchildren. By the time our next letter comes out in August we should have another granddaughter added to the family. Abigail's little one is due around the end of July--just a few weeks away!! Everyone from away headed back Sunday evening and then overnight the rain returned. We had 3 1/2" of rain Monday to replenish the soil.

We appreciate all of you who support us in so many ways--as prayer partners and as faithful customers. If any of you are in DSM on Saturday, stop by our booth at the market and say "hello".

Blessings to each of you. It would be nice to chat individually with each of you, but since that isn't possible, we are thankful we can connect  a little through this letter.

Teresa (for the Paul family)
Paul's Grains.com