Billboard

Chris Alemany

May 20, 2024, 2:48:08 PMMay 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I got fed up. So I did this of my own accord this morning. It will stay up for the next day or two. I leave it to the group to calibrate your reaction.

In my obvious opinion, Oil and Gas companies can't be allowed to monopolize the discourse anymore with their lies and delays while the world literally burns.

Chris

image0.jpeg

Robert Gunn

May 20, 2024, 2:55:10 PMMay 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Love it ….
Well, done
Sent from my iPhone

> On May 20, 2024, at 11:48 AM, Chris Alemany <chri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I got fed up. So I did this of my own accord this morning. It will stay up for the next day or two. I leave it to the group to calibrate your reaction.
>
> In my obvious opinion, Oil and Gas companies can't be allowed to monopolize the discourse anymore with their lies and delays while the world literally burns.
>
> Chris

Robert Gunn

May 20, 2024, 3:40:42 PMMay 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Is the next action to send a submission to the OCP process from TT re the use of gas in new buildings as per Nanaimo?

In the OCP process is going nowhere but nevertheless….
Sent from my iPhone

> On May 20, 2024, at 11:55 AM, Robert Gunn <crgu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Love it ….

Leo

May 20, 2024, 4:27:23 PMMay 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Terrific. Brave of you. Very keen to know what reaction you get.

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

Jim W

May 20, 2024, 5:27:07 PMMay 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com

Mike Youds

May 20, 2024, 6:45:45 PMMay 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com

Kim Bothen

May 20, 2024, 7:18:40 PMMay 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Love that Chris!! Bravo!!

Chris Alemany

May 20, 2024, 7:54:18 PMMay 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com
I checked on it at 2 and it was gone. So it was up for the morning at least. A supply list is on the website if anyone else is interested...
It is a good Monday.

Chris

dan...@danneau.com

May 20, 2024, 8:30:53 PMMay 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Good on you for saying publicly what needs to be said. Sadly, a lot of people are so smug in their daily existence that they feel empowered to ignore all the emerging signs of approaching catastrophe, lulled by the greenwashing and obfuscation of the media, corporate structures, and governments at all levels.

Dan

People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt.

--– Otto von Bismarck

On May 20, 2024, at 4:54 PM, Chris Alemany <chri...@gmail.com> wrote:

I checked on it at 2 and it was gone. So it was up for the morning at least. A supply list is on the website if anyone else is interested...

Chris Alemany

May 27, 2024, 10:06:53 AMMay 27
to patran...@googlegroups.com
When I drove by this morning, the words on the sign were completely different. Ill take a picture this afternoon on my return. But I count that as a small victory. 🎉
Have a great week everyone! Come out to the the Carbon Tax event Tuesday, Echo Centre 7PM!

On May 20, 2024, at 17:30, 'dan...@danneau.com' via Alberni Valley Transition Town <patran...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Good on you for saying publicly what needs to be said. Sadly, a lot of people are so smug in their daily existence that they feel empowered to ignore all the emerging signs of approaching catastrophe, lulled by the greenwashing and obfuscation of the media, corporate structures, and governments at all levels.

Val Baggaley

May 28, 2024, 11:08:23 AMMay 28
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Can't wait to see what it now says. thanks
Val

Chris Alemany

May 28, 2024, 1:52:30 PMMay 28
to AVTT List
Old Sign:
“BCLNG WILL HELP REDUCE GLOBAL EMISSIONS”
(Which is a flat-out lie)
New Sign:
"“LNG IS AN OPPORTUNITY BC CAN’T AFFORD TO MISS””
(I assure you we can, and we must.)

I notice that the website address “bclnghelps.ca” remains but may be slightly smaller in the new version.
At any rate, the new slogan is a big rhetorical step down. So I’m happy with that. They’re still liars though. Their website still says things like “BC Liquified Natural Gas Will Reduce Global Emissions”.

IMG_5742.WEBP
IMG_5741.jpeg

Gail Morton

May 28, 2024, 3:23:34 PMMay 28
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Hmm....so your next sign could read: ?????  This could be an interesting story/article for CBC coverage or....

Every victory should be celebrated!

Cheers,
Gail

Val Baggaley

May 28, 2024, 6:56:56 PMMay 28
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Or even the Scoop! Maybe they will do a story?