Fwd: How to Win Hearts and Minds on Climate - Special Webinar

1 view

Gail Morton

Apr 19, 2024, 3:42:46 PMApr 19
to patran...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------This webinar might be of interest to some of you!  Best, Gail
From: Sierra Club Canada Foundation <communi...@sierraclub.ca>
Date: Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 3:57 PM
Subject: How to Win Hearts and Minds on Climate - Special Webinar
To: Gail Morton <gailp...@gmail.com>

Dear Gail,

The moments we spend with family and friends are precious and if there's one thing we all share, no matter what views we hold, it's that the future matters.

But let's face it, those family and friend dinner conversations aren't easy these days, the comments we overhear from friends can be painful reminders that climate misinformation spreads rapidly.

The best way to fight climate misinformation is to have conversations with those we know, and we know many of you are having those chats. Sierra Club Canada is here to help with a new special series of All Hands on Deck webinars specifically on how to win hearts and minds on the toughest climate issues through conversations. The first webinar is next Thursday, April 25th, at 7pm.

Montana Burgess of Neighbours United joins Sierra Club Canada for the first of this series of webinars to help us all learn better how to win over people like your neighbours, family and friends on climate and other environmental issues. Montana will also be joined by Sierra Club Canada's Ish Theilheimer and Jessica Murray, our Ontario Chapter Director.

Most of us know the logical reasons why we believe what we do, but few of us have really studied the art and techniques of effective communication that work.

These webinars are intended to give you advice, feedback, reinforcement and practice in the fine art of talking to others. It doesn't matter if you're a dedicated activist or just someone who wishes they could have more productive conversations with those around them.

Montana Burgess (she/they) is the Executive Director of Neighbours United who aim to bring people together in rural, small, and suburban areas to support policies that help people & nature. Read her full bio on the webinar sign up page here.

I'll see you there!

Conor

Conor Curtis

Head of Communications

Sierra Club Canada

SIERRA CLUB CANADA FOUNDATION

P.O. Box 2007 STN B
Ottawa, ON K1P 5W3

Tel: 1.888.810.4204

 Facebook  X / Twitter  Web  Linkedin  Instagram  Youtube