Alternatives to Plastic Request

Gail Morton

Mar 20, 2024, 3:28:18 PMMar 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks!

With the upcoming April event for AVTTS, I have a small request:

Could you please take a couple of minutes to email me your three favourite alternatives to plastic; something you use or do almost every day, that you've been able to make a habit out of.

Many thanks!
Gail

Robert Gunn

Mar 20, 2024, 5:05:54 PMMar 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com
using glass containers for leftovers etc
avoiding wrap over sadad etc bowls with reusable tops
shopping bags and not bagging veggies ...

Kim Bothen

Mar 20, 2024, 6:27:18 PMMar 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Great question Gail!

Bulk buys: Buying grains, nuts, seeds, coffee beans in bulk, in re-purposed jars, bags or containers

Also, hardware and other goods where possible I choose bulk (nails, screws, etc.), or the product with the least packaging

Refills-refill laundry soap , dish soap, shampoo, moisturizer at a “re-fillery”!

No packaging- Clothes and linens shopping almost exclusively at Thrift/second hand/consignment  stores

KB

Val Baggaley

Mar 20, 2024, 7:31:54 PMMar 20
to patran...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

1. I use waxed cloth instead of Saran Wrap; I roll them up and keep them in a mason jar on my counter so I see them.

2. Use a dinner plate to cover bowls in fridge

3. I seek out the toilet paper sold in paper rather than plastic (it’s sold at shoppers- Royale brand I think
Sent from my iPhone

John Mayba

Mar 21, 2024, 4:43:57 PMMar 21
to patran...@googlegroups.com

Also, we now use clothes washing "strips"

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/patransitions/CAEOdfrj9SRDFN6PrWH1HXkw68dXn419vRXEyFLGKHa%2Bw6Jx1Kg%40mail.gmail.com.
--
John Mayba
8343 Dickson Dr.