Pathway Commons version 8 is now online

Igo R

May 5, 2016, 9:02:02 PM5/5/16
to pathway-commons-announcements
Version 8 of Pathway Commons is now online !

Pathway Commons collects public pathway and interaction knowledge and makes it readily available through a single point of access via the web. Our data, tools, and training materials are used by experimentalists, computational biologists and software developers.

Pathway Commons now contains human pathways from INOH, NetPath, SMPDB and WikiPathways to bring the total data sources to 22. We are adding tutorials and learning material and posting them on GitHub and YouTube.

* Quick Facts *
Contents: Over 41 000 pathways and 1.3 million interactions from 22 data sources
Formats: Biological Pathway Exchange (BioPAX; application/vnd.biopax.rdf+xml), simple binary interaction (SIF and also SIF-like with extra annotation columns), gene set enrichment (GMT), systems biology graphic notation (SBGN), Javascript Object Notation for Linked Data (JSON-LD)
Services: RESTful and RDF/SPARQL endpoints

On our homepage you’ll find a variety of tools including PCViz (view pathways on the web), Chisio BioPax Editor (desktop), Paxtools (Java BioPAX toolbox) and PaxtoolsR (R package). PC also provides access via Cytoscape (desktop). Also check back often as we build out our collection of tutorials and videos to get you started.

Join our Google Group (groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pathway-commons-help/join) to post a question, make a suggestion or just to tap into the PC community.

The Pathway Commons Team

www.pathwaycommons.org
Twitter (@PathwayCommons)
GitHub (github.com/PathwayCommons/about/blob/master/README.md)
YouTube (www.youtube.com/channel/UCWSbcyynroIp-f6O3sfz7jg)