BMJ paper published today: Deficiencies in proposed new EU regulation of clinical trials

Peter Gøtzsche

Dec 20, 2012, 8:20:53 AM12/20/12
to Peter Gøtzsche
Dear all,

the BMJ has acted very, very quickly:

- 9 Dec: "Unfortunately we do not consider it suitable for publication
in its present form. However if you are able to amend it in the light
of our and/or reviewers' comments, we would be happy to consider it
again. We recognise the topicality of this so if you do want to
resubmit we would consider it swiftly."

- 11 Dec: my resubmission

- 12 Dec: paper accepted

- then editing and tworounds of proofs

- 20 Dec: published; 11 days after the paper was not suitable for publication!

I am most grateful for this support from the BMJ and hope you can use
the paper as one of several contributions to suggestionsfor important
amendments to the proposed regulation.

bw

Peter Gøtzsche
Gøtzsche Deficiencies in proposed new EU Trial regulation BMJ 20 Dec 2012.pdf

Trish Groves

Dec 20, 2012, 9:07:32 AM12/20/12
to pathtodata...@googlegroups.com, pathtodata...@googlegroups.com, Peter Gøtzsche
On behalf of my colleagues on the BMJ's Analysis team, it was our pleasure Peter  - thanks again for submitting the article.

I've tweeted it, and it would be great if other Twitter users on this listserv could do the same.
There's a lot of Christmas BMJ content out there at the moment, and it would be good to differentiate this from the papers about dead Olympians, pharaohs, and rock stars (the last was from BMJ Open).

All the best
Trish

Dr Trish Groves
Deputy editor, BMJ
and Editor-in-chief, BMJ Open

+44 207 383 6018
bmj.com - the open access journal
bmjopen.bmj.com
BMJ Group: http://group.bmj.com
twitter @trished
For more information please visit
http://www.symanteccloud.com
______________________________________________________________________[attachment "Gøtzsche Deficiencies in proposed new EU Trial regulation BMJ 20 Dec 2012.pdf" deleted by Trish Groves/BMJ]

The BMJ Group is one of the world's most trusted providers of medical information for doctors, researchers, health care workers and patients group.bmj.com. This email and any attachments are confidential. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and kindly notify us. If the email contains personal views then the BMJ Group accepts no responsibility for these statements. The recipient should check this email and attachments for viruses because the BMJ Group accepts no liability for any damage caused by viruses. Emails sent or received by the BMJ Group may be monitored for size, traffic, distribution and content. BMJ Publishing Group Limited trading as BMJ Group. A private limited company, registered in England and Wales under registration number 03102371. Registered office: BMA House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9JR, UK.

Ross, Joseph

Dec 20, 2012, 9:11:13 AM12/20/12
to pathtodata...@googlegroups.com, Peter Gøtzsche

I’ve given it a tweet.

Hope everyone enjoys a nice holiday and a happy new year.

Joe Ross

Trish Groves

Dec 20, 2012, 9:14:25 AM12/20/12
to pathtodata...@googlegroups.com, pathtodata...@googlegroups.com, Peter Gøtzsche
Thanks Joe

And I meant to include the link to the published paper; sorry. Here it is:
http://www.bmj.com/content/345/bmj.e8522

Trish

Tom Jefferson

Dec 20, 2012, 12:35:54 PM12/20/12
to pathtodata...@googlegroups.com, Peter Gøtzsche
Well done Peter.

Have a rest.

Tom.

Trisha Greenhalgh

Dec 20, 2012, 4:29:19 PM12/20/12
to pathtodata...@googlegroups.com
Tweeted to 4600 followers!

Prof Trisha Greenhalgh
Global Health, Policy and Innovation Unit
Centre for Primary Care and Public Health
Blizard Institute
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
Yvonne Carter Building
58 Turner Street
London E1 2AB
t : 020 7882 7325 (PA) or 7326 (dir line)
f : 020 7882 2552
e: p.gree...@qmul.ac.uk
Twitter @trishgreenhalgh

Trisha Greenhalgh

Dec 20, 2012, 4:42:20 PM12/20/12
to pathtodata...@googlegroups.com
Sorry folks that should have just gone to Peter!