[Roll20/G+] 8-16: House of Harmonious Wisdom (1-5) Sunday, 9 Jul, 2-7pm (GMT-05)

Erich D.

Jul 4, 2017, 3:05:05 PM7/4/17
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Pathfinder RPG, Pathfinder Society, character levels 1-5 (and re-playable for level 1 credit)
Written by Katherine Cross, Sarah Hood, Jason Owen Black, and Christopher Rowe

Mighty Lung Wa once controlled much of Tian Xia, but the empire crumbled a century ago. Three Successor States have squabbled for dominance ever since, each insisting that it alone is the rightful inheritor of Lung Wa's glory. In the shadow of these mighty nations, the humble land of Shokuro has sought the means to discourage its neighbors' territorial ambitions and earn their respect. When a retired hero learns of a lost, legendary palace that might protect relics of the old empire, she calls on the Pathfinder Society for assistance finding the fabled site. The PCs must travel to each of the Successor States in search of clues to uncover the palace and the treasures within.

House of Harmonious Wisdom includes five 1-hour adventures that take the PCs across central Tian Xia in search of imperial treasures and forgotten secrets. The series includes a beginning adventure and a finale, but players can experience the other parts in any order.

Trending low-tier at the moment.  Warhorn is here

Martin Weil

Jul 4, 2017, 5:54:02 PM7/4/17
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a source for the level 1 limitation on replayabilty?

Densial Edmonds

Jul 4, 2017, 6:28:48 PM7/4/17
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Yes, i have also found no official source for the level 1 limitation, although there are plenty of unofficial sources.
The scenario just says "House of Harmonious Wisdom can be replayed for credit, but the credit must be applied to a different character each time." This line does not appear ambiguous to me, although I have not had to test it.

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 12:05 Erich D. <erich...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Martin Weil

Jul 4, 2017, 6:38:42 PM7/4/17
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
That's what I told my locals, after looking at the text. The old 1-2s have a statement explicitly limiting replay to 1st level only, but that text is absent here, so, unless there is something in an errata or blog post, it appears to be open for replay at all levels. I just figured it took after the 3-7 evergreen, which is replayable at all levels, as well.

The Kharmakazi

Jul 4, 2017, 9:55:44 PM7/4/17
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9qcb/discuss?Pathfinder-Society-Scenario-816-House-of-Harmonious-Wisdom#tabs

Clarification from John Compton about 35 posts down near the bottom

Paizo Employee John Compton Pathfinder Society Lead Developer Mar 31, 2017, 03:52 am | FLAG |

I acknowledge what appears in the adventure and direct you to see my recent post in the preview blog. It is replayable at 1st level. As colleagues' time permits, we can endeavor to update the original text. Until then, go by this update.

The Kharmakazi

Jul 4, 2017, 9:58:37 PM7/4/17
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective

Also from his blog post http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljox?New-Quests-and-Ancient-Perils#33  read down in the comments section where he posts this

The House of Harmonious Wisdom quests blend some aspects of quests and past evergreen adventures. Namely:

  • You can replay this quest series with 1st-level PCs.
  • You can earn credit for this series once (as a player, as a GM, plus Core, etc.) at any level above 1st.
  • This quest series does not require the use of pregenerated characters.
  • Because these quests represent a flexible means of running short, fun adventures, they're also a great option for using as demo events. Depending on the venue and event goals, it might make sense for an organizer to require (or just strongly encourage) use of pregenerated characters when running these quests.

Densial Edmonds

Jul 4, 2017, 10:29:54 PM7/4/17
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Nice, cheers.