Eyes of the Ten

Jason Thuel

Feb 18, 2017, 10:51:52 PM2/18/17
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
For all characters wanting to become a Venture Captain, here is your chance. I will be running Eyes of the Ten part 1 on April 1st.

Signups or on warhorn at Eyes of the Ten Part 1

This is for level 12 characters.

Terry

Feb 19, 2017, 4:35:30 AM2/19/17
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Just a clarification - Eyes of the 10 is for L12 characters who have exactly 33xp.
(unless that criteria has changed in the last week)

Jason Thuel

Feb 20, 2017, 12:40:19 PM2/20/17
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
That is correct. It is best played at exactly 33xp.

Michael Eshleman

Marty Weil

Feb 20, 2017, 12:52:26 PM2/20/17
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
No, it is only legal to play for 12th level characters starting the series at exactly 33 XP. The characters are also locked into only playing through Eyes of the Ten all the way, without playing anything else.

From the Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide, Version 8, Page 22:
Eyes of the Ten: Characters must start with exactly 33 XP and can’t participate in any other adventure until this Seeker arc has been completed.

Hmmmm. I didn't see the change listed, where Eyes was changed to give out XP instead of what the original chronicles show, 0 XP for each part....

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Jason Thuel <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:
That is correct. It is best played at exactly 33xp.

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 4:35:30 AM UTC-5, Terry T wrote:
Just a clarification - Eyes of the 10 is for L12 characters who have exactly 33xp.
(unless that criteria has changed in the last week)
On 19 Feb 2017 03:51, "Jason Thuel" <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:
For all characters wanting to become a Venture Captain, here is your chance. I will be running Eyes of the Ten part 1 on April 1st.

Signups or on warhorn at Eyes of the Ten Part 1

This is for level 12 characters.

Michael Eshleman

Feb 20, 2017, 1:52:31 PM2/20/17
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Here is Mike Brock's post about it.

It was never changed in the guide, but until it is revoked by Tonya his messageboard clarification should still stand.
--
Michael Eshleman

Ace

Feb 20, 2017, 5:38:44 PM2/20/17
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
when do you think you'll be running the other chapters?

Paul Jackson

Feb 20, 2017, 6:44:34 PM2/20/17
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
One further note. Unless it got changed, I thought that you could voluntarily reduce yourself to exactly 33 XP (while also reducing cash) if you were L12.x (x=1 or 2). At least if your last chronicle was a module

Paul Jackson

Feb 20, 2017, 6:44:36 PM2/20/17
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective

Michael Eshleman

Feb 21, 2017, 10:37:26 AM2/21/17
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
My recollection is that was a special dispensation given to players between the time that high level modules (like Academy of Secrets) were sanctioned for PFS play, and the 'exactly 33 xp' rule for EotT was published.  Up until then EotT was the only high level content available, and some people got blindsided by the requirement that your character needed to be exactly 33 xp to play EotT.

Since that rules for EotT has been in effect for about four years (and in the RPGG) I don't believe reducing a characters xp to play EotT is an option.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 6:44 PM, Paul Jackson <paulj...@gmail.com> wrote:
One further note. Unless it got changed, I thought that you could voluntarily reduce yourself to exactly 33 XP (while also reducing cash) if you were L12.x (x=1 or 2). At least if your last chronicle was a module

Michael Eshleman

Jason Thuel

Feb 23, 2017, 3:51:00 PM2/23/17
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Sorry for the late response, we will discuss as a group when the next game will work well for everyone.