VTT Gameday 2: Gameday Runs You

Arthur Perkins

Nov 22, 2013, 9:14:40 PM11/22/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
The much anticipated unveiling of the new Pathfinder Society Online website coincides with the launch of VTT Gameday 2: VTT Harder on December 14th. We should have boon support, which means GM's may be eligible to earn a race boon. (Hint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAQ5ftTEM6c ).

Instead of handling all the signups, GM's will submit their intention to run a game at a time and place, and whether they are running it publicly and looking for players or whether the GM is assembling the group pre mustered.

For the full info, check out

I hope to see you there,
Venture Lieutenant Arthur Perkins

Jeremy Meredith

Nov 22, 2013, 10:15:16 PM11/22/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Will scenarios be provided for GMs or do we need to bring our own?

Patrick Harris

Nov 22, 2013, 10:32:19 PM11/22/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
So reporting (in the "entering data into the Paizo website" sense) will be handled by the organizers of this event, I'm guessing?

Also, once we submit our events to that Google form (which I just did), should we expect an email confirmation?

Jacob Savage

Nov 22, 2013, 10:54:53 PM11/22/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
I will be submitting data on behalf of my GM staff. (I found out a few days ago and was taking some time to prepare)

The Absence of Fear does not indicate the Presence of Bravery

Arthur Perkins

Byron Mulvogue

Nov 23, 2013, 4:11:40 AM11/23/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
I would just like to say a huge thank you in advance to not just all the GMs but to the staff organizing this too. You all are awesome!

IronHelixx

Nov 24, 2013, 2:54:35 AM11/24/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Jeremy - We will find out this upcoming week - we will need to get above 15 sessions to be in consideration for that.

Patrick - That is correct you will use the form listed in the Post on the VO site to report your games and we will post them to Paizo.  This is required to receive boons/prizes from Paizo.

Byron - Thanks!  :)

We have added a Public Google Calendar to list the games.  It is embedded at the bottom of the original post, and here is the URL for convenience:

http://goo.gl/iT6C0k

Thanks!

Cyd

Nov 24, 2013, 3:06:36 AM11/24/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
I have a small question, will this Game Day only be run on Roll20, or can some of us who want to use Maptools still be involved?

IronHelixx

Nov 24, 2013, 3:13:08 AM11/24/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Games days are more open than an Online Conventions - this is a community event, so you can run your games with any tool you wish.  So, Maptools, D20Pro, Fantasy Grounds, Infrno, Roll20 - whatever works best for you and your group.

Brin

Nov 24, 2013, 5:55:41 PM11/24/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
So, what is the eligibility as far as time zone and start time?  It is probably a non-issue, but I have been considering a bi-monthly late night Friday/early morning Saturday game that would start about 11pm CST Fridays.  If this went off, would it count, since EST is the default time zone for the event?

And if so, any boon for getting the first game of the event (just kidding)

henwy

Nov 25, 2013, 12:55:45 AM11/25/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Is there a deadline for submitting events? I'm heading out of the country for 8 days starting tomorrow and I need to know if I have to get this taken care of now or if it can wait till I get back. I know I'm going to run something, possibly two somethings, but haven't figured out what yet. If it ends up being big enough to have scenario support, I'd love to do something new I don't have yet. If not, then I guess I could always bring out something tried and true.

Jesse Davis

Nov 28, 2013, 12:50:26 AM11/28/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Brin:  Sorry - missed your post until now.  If you finish the game on Dec. 14th, 2013 - you can report to the event, yes.

Henry:  You can submit a game up until the game day starts.

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Brin <lane...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, what is the eligibility as far as time zone and start time?  It is probably a non-issue, but I have been considering a bi-monthly late night Friday/early morning Saturday game that would start about 11pm CST Fridays.  If this went off, would it count, since EST is the default time zone for the event?

And if so, any boon for getting the first game of the event (just kidding)

Carlos Clements

Dec 2, 2013, 10:51:48 PM12/2/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com

Just wondering but would anyone want to play this Roll20/TeamSpeak]PFS 00-20: King Xeros of Old Azlant (7-11) [James Risner] which is on dec 14th at 5pm eastern time? I'm considering signing up but noticed no one signed up and the only way I'll sign up is if we can get a solid 6 man team who wants to get thru it in 3 hours. I'd bring my level 9 zen archer if we can get a team together.

Mort Swishytail

Dec 2, 2013, 11:13:50 PM12/2/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com

Pathfinder is all about the journey, and smelling roses among the way, not reaching the finish line. If you're in such a hurry to finish the scenario in xx hours, you're better off not playing.

On Dec 3, 2013 11:51 AM, "Carlos Clements" <poundp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Just wondering but would anyone want to play this Roll20/TeamSpeak]PFS 00-20: King Xeros of Old Azlant (7-11) [James Risner] which is on dec 14th at 5pm eastern time? I'm considering signing up but noticed no one signed up and the only way I'll sign up is if we can get a solid 6 man team who wants to get thru it in 3 hours. I'd bring my level 9 zen archer if we can get a team together.

Sior

Dec 2, 2013, 11:33:13 PM12/2/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Especially that one. Just from my own experience, that one ran a little long and we ended up rushing to get done in time. Nearly missed a faction mission or two.

Sior

On Monday, December 2, 2013 9:13:50 PM UTC-7, Mort wrote:

Pathfinder is all about the journey, and smelling roses among the way, not reaching the finish line. If you're in such a hurry to finish the scenario in xx hours, you're better off not playing.

On Dec 3, 2013 11:51 AM, "Carlos Clements" <poundp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Just wondering but would anyone want to play this Roll20/TeamSpeak]PFS 00-20: King Xeros of Old Azlant (7-11) [James Risner] which is on dec 14th at 5pm eastern time? I'm considering signing up but noticed no one signed up and the only way I'll sign up is if we can get a solid 6 man team who wants to get thru it in 3 hours. I'd bring my level 9 zen archer if we can get a team together.

John Kennet

Dec 12, 2013, 6:46:08 PM12/12/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
I signed up to Warhorn via this thread, to play in The Confirmation by Jacob S, but cannot figure out what the TeamSpeak link is or where to send PC info. What am i missing?

Jesse Davis

Dec 12, 2013, 6:50:23 PM12/12/13
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
You can get the client here:

And then the GMs will provide you with the exact teamspeak server information before game time.

PC information should be sent to the GM before the game day - you should get a request for that information the tomorrow sometime via email