GM Call - AetherCon 2016: GM Session Submissions Now Open for PFS

Jesse Davis

Aug 2, 2016, 8:45:40 PM8/2/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective

Regionally Appropriate Greeting, Everyone!

Hope the week is treating you all well.

The GM and Player Registration Schedule will be as follows:
General GM Registration: August 1st, 2016 - October 9th, 2016 *
Early Player Registration: September 19th, 2016 - October 2nd, 2016 Open Player Registration: October 3rd, 2016 - November 10th, 2016
Scenario Support Submitted to Paizo: October 10th, 2016 Convention Dates: November 11th, 2016 - November 13th, 2016
* Note: While AetherCon will cutoff GM registration on September 16th, PFS will accept games through October 9th, 2016. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Convention Session Slots (All times EST US [UTC-5]): ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Friday, November 11th, 2016 ------------------------------ A 2 PM to 7 PM
AB 2 PM to Midnight
<-- Module/AP Slot B 7 PM to Midnight
Saturday, November 12th, 2016 ------------------------------
C Midnight to 5 AM D 9 AM to 2 PM DE 9 AM to 7 PM <-- Module/AP Slot E 2 PM to 7 PM <--The Multi-Table Special will be in slot E. EF 2 PM to Midnight <-- Module/AP Slot F 7 PM to Midnight
Sunday, November 13th, 2016 ------------------------------
G Midnight to 5 AM H 9 AM to 2 PM HI 9 AM to 7 PM <-- Module/AP Slot I 2 PM to 7 PM

This year AetherCon has decided not to use Warhorn - they have gone back to a custom registration system.

Due to this we have worked out a method for us to mass import PFS sessions on a set schedule.

GMs will submit sessions to us via the submission process detailed below.

We will then manually import those sessions into AetherCons system on a regular basis.

(**PFS GM's should NOT register games directly through AetherCon.**)

The PFS Registration process for AetherCon will be as follows:

1) Go to https://PFSatAetherCon.com and check out what sessions are already scheduled.

2) Decide what scenario you would like to run and what slot you would like to run it in.  (Make sure you are eligible to run any scenarios you submit - you meet the GM Star Requirements for exclusives, for example.)

3) Click the "Submit A Game Listing" link at the bottom of the session list page.

4) Enter the requested information, making sure you enter the following information correctly:
  • Primary Paizo Alias (We suggest you click your profile on Paizo and copy the alias from the end of URL.  Example: http://paizo.com/people/IronHelixx  - Don't submit the whole URL, just the name displayed at the end of the URL.)
  • Your PFS Number (No PC number)
  • Your Email that you used on your Paizo.com account.  (This MUST be your Paizo associated email address or you will not get scenario support)
  • Which Slot you wish to run your game in.
  • The Scenario you wish to run in the Slot chosen above.
  • Check the "Core?" Checkbox ONLY if you are running this session as a Core Campaign game.
  • "Session Full" is currently locked and cannot be marked.
  • "URL to Signups" can be ignored - this will be a link to the AetherCon system once they sessions are imported.
  • Enter any Notes you wish to include.  (This will be public, so anything you "note" will be publicly view-able.)
** Please double-check all values before submitting session. **

NOTE: If you make a mistake while entering a session please do not resubmit your game,just reply to the confirmation email with any changes you need to make.

(Later this week you will receive an email with information on how to edit sessions.)

You may notice that the multi-table special and the new exclusive(s) are not currently available for registration in the system.  We will not be opening registration for those until after GenCon by request of the powers that be.  So if you wish to run those, please wait until further directions come after GenCon ends.

The October Scenario Releases are also not currently listed, but will be available in time for AetherCon 2016.  So if you wish to run those please keep open slots available for when we list those later, when the powers that be allow us to list them for open registration.

Otherwise, you are free to begin registering your GM sessions now.  (We will have a separate posts with some suggested scenarios for each slot coming shortly, but you are free to list games if you already have something in mind that you wish to run.)

NOTES:
  • Scenarios and Time Slots may be subject to approval/changes to avoid conflicts, et cetera.
  • All sessions must be run using Roll20.net, that is the official VTT of AetherCon.
  • GMs can use Google Hangouts, the built in A/V in Roll20, or Discord for audio/video in games.
  • Private Games are NOT allowed.  All games must be listed for open/public registration.
  • Non-English games are welcome and invited - please indicate Non-English languages in the Notes section of the form when submitting your session.
GM Boons: Every GM that runs a game will automatically get a GM boon.  (Each GM gets one boon, regardless of how many sessions are run.)  Table/Player boons will also be available at every table run and GMs will receive emails on how those work prior to the convention.  Both players and GMs are eligible to win Table/Player boons.  Only GMs can receive the GM boons.

Paizo Scenario Support: Free Scenario support will be provided by Paizo for games submitted to us through the form above by the October 9th, 2016 deadline.  [You can still list games for AetherCon after the deadline, but you will have to acquire them yourself.]

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at PFSOn...@GMail.com, reply to this post, or contact us through the Discord Server at http://PFSChat.com .

(The Convention's PFS "Help Desk" will be at http://PFSChat.com during/prior to the convention.)

Also Note - The New Season 8 Guide to PFS Org Play has just been released: http://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4

Look forward to seeing you all at AetherCon 2016.  =)

Thanks!

- Jesse

Jesse R. Davis [IronHelixx]
PFS Venture-Captain, Online Play
Je...@PathfinderSocietyOnline.com

Our Mission: To Champion, Serve, Support, and Build the PFS Online Community.

Brian Lickey

Aug 2, 2016, 9:44:38 PM8/2/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
least the signups look decent

Ben Tate

Aug 3, 2016, 2:06:43 AM8/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Is there an FAQ somewhere about this for GM's?  I have questions.

Marty Weil

Aug 3, 2016, 2:23:16 AM8/3/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
1) Jesse, how do we volunteer to help run the Con Special? (I.E. run a table for it)

2) Ben, what questions? Maybe we can answer them (those of us who have participated in online conventions in the past, I mean)
Message has been deleted

Gabriel Tang

Aug 3, 2016, 2:41:46 AM8/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
"You may notice that the multi-table special and the new exclusive(s) are not currently available for registration in the system.  We will not be opening registration for those until after GenCon by request of the powers that be.  So if you wish to run those, please wait until further directions come after GenCon ends."

I think the answer is "wait until after GenCon".

Ben Tate

Aug 3, 2016, 2:44:24 PM8/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
So here's the first bit...

  1. Do we provide our own scenarios and adventures or do they get assigned?
  2. Are there specifications for the VTT/Voice?
  3. Is reporting handled individually or sent to coordinator?
  4. Do we submit chat logs?
  5. Will we need to verify registration?
  6. What kind of steps should be taken for character validation?
  7. How/Should I check for materials to verify access to uncommon (but not boon) races?
  8. What about no-shows and alternates?
We'll start with those for now.

Jesse Davis

Aug 3, 2016, 2:57:03 PM8/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Howdy!

On my phone - so forgive the short answers:

1) In the post.
2) In the post.
3) Events/Conventions are always reported through the event coordinator.  (We have a web form for that.)
4) Chat logs for boon rolls?  Not sure I understand that question?
5) Verify which registration?  Not sure I understand that question.
6) Normal procedure for IRL or Online conventions - the GM has the right to ask to see character/chronicle sheets for those playing at their table.
7) GMs can ask for screen shots of watermarked PDFs showing ownership of the additional resources materials, or the player can show the books on camera if they own the physical books.  This is up to the player and GMs to arrange should the GM feel it necessary.
8) We handle all registrations, as well as RSVPs and alternates for the event.

Hope that helps.

We'll go ahead and post the FAQ up as well - usually do that closer to the convention, but we'll go ahead and do it early.

- Jesse

Jesse R. Davis [IronHelixx]
PFS Venture-Captain, Online Play
Je...@PathfinderSocietyOnline.com

Our Mission: To Champion, Serve, Support, and Build the PFS Online Community.

Terry

Aug 3, 2016, 4:33:25 PM8/3/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Jesse

What if we want to run later year 8 scenarios i.e. 8-04 onwards ?

Terry

Jesse Davis

Aug 3, 2016, 4:34:08 PM8/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
In the post  ;b

Jesse Davis

Aug 3, 2016, 4:35:30 PM8/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
"The
​September/​
October Scenario Releases are also not currently listed, but will be available in time for AetherCon 2016.  So if you wish to run those please keep open slots available for when we list those later, when the powers that be allow us to list them for open registration.
​"​

Ben Tate

Aug 3, 2016, 5:40:17 PM8/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Some quick rebuttals

On my phone - so forgive the short answers:

1) In the post.
I saw this:
  • All sessions must be run using Roll20.net, that is the official VTT of AetherCon.
  • GMs can use Google Hangouts, the built in A/V in Roll20, or Discord for audio/video in games
I meant things like official artwork, some kind of logo or branding for AetherCon/PFS...

2) In the post.
This line?
 ----snip---
 Decide what scenario you would like to run and what slot you would like to run it in.  (Make sure you are eligible to run any scenarios you submit - you meet the GM Star Requirements for exclusives, for example.)
-----------
I wasn't sure if that meant choose from a list, submit into a request pool, just grab some scenarios I like that are legal and post them...   I suppose it's the latter?

3) Events/Conventions are always reported through the event coordinator.  (We have a web form for that.)
4) Chat logs for boon rolls?  Not sure I understand that question?
For any reason.  It's a fairly complete game record.

5) Verify which registration?  Not sure I understand that question.
Is there something I should do to ensure they are paid members of AetherCon?
6) Normal procedure for IRL or Online conventions - the GM has the right to ask to see character/chronicle sheets for those playing at their table.
7) GMs can ask for screen shots of watermarked PDFs showing ownership of the additional resources materials, or the player can show the books on camera if they own the physical books.  This is up to the player and GMs to arrange should the GM feel it necessary.
8) We handle all registrations, as well as RSVPs and alternates for the event.

Hope that helps.
It did, cheers!

We'll go ahead and post the FAQ up as well - usually do that closer to the convention, but we'll go ahead and do it early.
I appreciate it.

Thank you for the prompt and informative reply.=D

Steven M EST (GMT-4)

Aug 3, 2016, 5:54:05 PM8/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Ben,

1.  yes pick the scenarios you wish to run, submit them as Jessie out lined, and you will get a copy added to your pizao downloads.
2. Athercon is a free to play online con, at least it was last year.
3. I expect that Jessie/James will have a discord channel open during the event to ask questions help with last minute drops etc.
4.  The online reporting form that Jessie/James send the GMs, include sections for reporting what boons players may have won via the rolling for a boon each slot, also which GM boon you wish to select for yourself (one per con) They rely on you to say some on got a boon
5.

Jesse Davis

Aug 3, 2016, 5:54:19 PM8/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Ah!  Gotcha.

On official artwork - There is a collection of art on the AetherCon.com website - I'll see what they have available.  For PFS, it's any of the logos available in the community use packet.

On scenario selection - Indeed - we will have a list of "suggestions" after GenCon, but GMs are free to select any of the regular PFS scenarios, Sanctioned Modules, or Sanctioned APs, they would enjoy running. (Or an exclusive if they qualify to run it.)  If we get stacked with too much of something we will ask GMs to adjust submissions - but sessions submitted are usually pretty well distributed amongst slots, seasons, and scenarios.

On Game Logs from Roll20 - if something comes up, we'll as for them - otherwise we don't really need to see them.

On Validation of AetherCon registration - players will have to register through AetherCon.com to sign-up for games, so we're good there.  (All player table sign-up will be through AetherCon.com.)

FAQ will be linked soon.

Finegas

Aug 11, 2016, 8:42:46 PM8/11/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I'm planning on running some of the earlier scenarios, specifically the high tier tables from season 0, so i'm assuming i'm allowed to restrict the table sign ups to 4?

Ben Tate

Aug 15, 2016, 11:40:49 AM8/15/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I haven't seen any specific notice on Slot E for sign-ups yet. Have I missed it? Are things still settling down post GenCon?

Morten F

Aug 18, 2016, 4:18:13 PM8/18/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
It is up now

Ben Tate

Aug 21, 2016, 5:59:53 PM8/21/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Sorry for all of the questions, this has just been a very different experience from when I ran tables at DragonCon...

When signing up for Slot E, I did not see Season 8-00, which is what I expected the convention special to be numbered.  I do see 7-99 and 7-98, 7-98 being the pre-gen scenario debuted this year.  I went ahead and registered a game for the time slot, but remain uncertain.

IronHelixx

Aug 22, 2016, 7:47:48 PM8/22/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Howdy, Everyone!

The 8-00 Special has now been cleared for AetherCon and is currently listed in the GM submission form.  [Remember it will be ran in Slot E only.]

** For GMs running the special - if You are a 4 Star GM trying to get your 10 special credits to become 5-Star, please make note of that when you submit your session. **

(We will have a GM meeting the week before the convention to go over how everything will work with the special.)

Also, someone asked about Bonekeep... it is in the list already, it just sorted all the way down at the bottom of the list.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks everyone!

- Jesse

Jesse R. Davis [IronHelixx]
PFS Venture-Captain, Online Play
Je...@PathfinderSocietyOnline.com
Discord Server: http://PFSChat.com

Our Mission: To Champion, Serve, Support, and Build the PFS Online Community.
Jesse@PathfinderSocietyOnline.com

Rob Burdette

Sep 13, 2016, 12:08:50 PM9/13/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Hey Jesse, what is the difference between Early Player Registration and Open Player Registration?  Who is eligible for Early Player Registration? Thanks.

Jesse Davis

Sep 13, 2016, 1:26:21 PM9/13/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
​There is not much difference other than the first 25 players registered for a game get some kind of small PDF bundle​.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Rob Burdette <nicole...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Jesse, what is the difference between Early Player Registration and Open Player Registration?  Who is eligible for Early Player Registration? Thanks.

Jesse Davis

Sep 13, 2016, 1:27:55 PM9/13/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
PS - Org-Play did not qualify for Early GM registration bundles, and I think it may be the same for Player Registration.  (The logic there is org-play has it's own prize support and boons that non-org play does not get access to.)  I'll have to verify that though.

wyld windsworn

Sep 13, 2016, 5:27:22 PM9/13/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
yikes! talk about interface design and usability fail: no idea where and how to find more info going to that link.

still no idea :-(

Jesse Davis

Sep 13, 2016, 5:28:41 PM9/13/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
What link and what info?

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 4:27 PM, wyld windsworn <wy...@pk1475.org> wrote:
yikes! talk about interface design and usability fail: no idea where and how to find more info going to that link.

still no idea :-(

Finegas

Sep 13, 2016, 7:19:28 PM9/13/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Do we know when player registration starts?

Jesse Davis

Sep 13, 2016, 7:21:17 PM9/13/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
​It's in the original post a couple of lines down from the image​

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Finegas <lord...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do we know when player registration starts?

Finegas

Sep 13, 2016, 7:24:13 PM9/13/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Thanks apparently i'm blind :)

Simon Stone

Sep 16, 2016, 2:11:19 AM9/16/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Hi Jesse!

Is there an ETA on the Season 8 scenarios we signed up to run? I like to get started on setting up the table as early as possible.

Thanks for all your work!

Jesse Davis

Sep 16, 2016, 2:12:31 AM9/16/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Paizo will not issue until a week out from the convention.  Unfortunately there is no way to get them earlier than that.

Jesse Davis

Sep 19, 2016, 2:46:56 PM9/19/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
The AetherCon bulk session importer is not available in the AetherCon website back-end interface.  I am awaiting the response of the AetherCon web guy to see what we need to do to get our sessions into the system.  If I do not hear back by this evening I will start manually entering the sessions one-by-one.

Ace

Sep 20, 2016, 3:55:10 PM9/20/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
so is registration open?

Jesse Davis

Sep 20, 2016, 4:00:26 PM9/20/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
AetherCOn registration is open, but PFS has not been listed yet.  We are currently working with the AetherCon web guy to get that data imported via a direct database import.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Ace <candace...@gmail.com> wrote:
so is registration open?

Brian Lickey

Sep 20, 2016, 6:45:29 PM9/20/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Planning the scenarios I want in and saw an issue ...
Slot A 3-24 Golden serpent is a 5-9 not a 7-11
if they meant the 7-11 3-25 that's portal of the sacred Rune

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Jesse Davis <ironh...@gmail.com> wrote:
AetherCOn registration is open, but PFS has not been listed yet.  We are currently working with the AetherCon web guy to get that data imported via a direct database import.
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Ace <candace...@gmail.com> wrote:
so is registration open?

Jesse Davis

Sep 20, 2016, 6:47:14 PM9/20/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Good catch - Thanks!

Jesse Davis

Sep 20, 2016, 8:03:56 PM9/20/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
​​
Waiting for the AetherCon web admin to load the session data.  Took me a bit to load all the scenario descriptions first.  But it is in their hands at this point.

Paul Jackson

Sep 23, 2016, 9:30:51 PM9/23/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Signups for players are now available.

One fairly serious issue: as far as I can see the various tables of Cosmic Captive ate NIT differentiated by level. So I have no clue which one I should sign up for

Message has been deleted

Brian Lickey

Sep 23, 2016, 9:34:16 PM9/23/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com

Its not taking it from my mobile

On Sep 23, 2016 7:30 PM, "Paul Jackson" <paulj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Signups for players are now available.

One fairly serious issue: as far as I can see the various tables of Cosmic Captive ate NIT differentiated by level. So I have no clue which one I should sign up for

Brian Lickey

Sep 23, 2016, 9:38:47 PM9/23/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
ok how the heck do we even sign up .... the page with the listings wont allow signups

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Paul Jackson <paulj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Signups for players are now available.

One fairly serious issue: as far as I can see the various tables of Cosmic Captive ate NIT differentiated by level. So I have no clue which one I should sign up for

Jesse Davis

Sep 23, 2016, 9:41:16 PM9/23/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
We had not announced them yet due to a bunch of import errors.  (All the sessions were imported via a database import script by AetherCon.) and the system time shifted them, so we had to get those fixed.  There are a couple of duplicates, and the special's sessions are still not fully correct.  We'll announce the sessions officially on Monday, until then things will change/shift.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Paul Jackson <paulj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Signups for players are now available.

One fairly serious issue: as far as I can see the various tables of Cosmic Captive ate NIT differentiated by level. So I have no clue which one I should sign up for

Jesse Davis

Sep 23, 2016, 10:15:20 PM9/23/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
On the Special's Sub-Tiers - You have to look at the titles.  Their system does not allow for Alternates, differentiation for CORE games, or listing by level, or anything like that.  So we just had to tag it on to the session titles.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Paul Jackson <paulj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Signups for players are now available.

One fairly serious issue: as far as I can see the various tables of Cosmic Captive ate NIT differentiated by level. So I have no clue which one I should sign up for

Paul Jackson

Sep 24, 2016, 12:12:18 PM9/24/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Why does everybody reinvent warhorn? And get it worse in the process? :-(

Paul Jackson

Sep 24, 2016, 12:12:19 PM9/24/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective

Jesse Davis

Sep 24, 2016, 12:58:39 PM9/24/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Warhorn is not really built for convention needs, but I understand the sentiment.

The thing all big events say is that WarHorn separates everything from their own website and convention info too much, there are no back-end tools to help them, and no site integration options.  [Conventions are more than just games.]  So it is not a good solution for them.

[PAX,GenCon,DragonCon,PaizoCon,Orgins, et al​ - All of them use a custom ticketing solution integrated with their own sites and not WarHorn.]

As someone who has used WarHorn for a lot of large events, I can vouch that WarHorn is a pain in the butt in regard to getting all the info you need from it for those events.

Custom/integrated solutions keep everything in one spot and allows them full flexibility on reporting, data export, alerts, et cetera.

All that said, I still don't know how we are going to get information from AetherCon for the RSVP emails we usually do - the new system is much more limiting for us as far as PFS goes - so there is that too.  (Not to mention we can't add information like PFS#/Class/Level, or other info we like to have in the system for PFS - there is no way to wait-list for a session, et cetera.)

We just have to make it all work, as best as we can.

- Jesse

PS - Side Note: For AetherCon, there is one guy who is volunteering his development time to work on the site, in between his real, paid work.  So that is also a limiting factor for features.  So it is definitely not a lack of effort on his part.  It's amazing he has done all that he has.

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Paul Jackson <paulj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why does everybody reinvent warhorn? And get it worse in the process? :-(

Paul Jackson

Sep 24, 2016, 2:05:35 PM9/24/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Thanks for the explanation. Always helps to know why something is the way that it is.

I think the one thing I miss the most is being able to see who has signed up for an event. It kinda helps to know what classes/levels others are bringing to decide. Oh well, I guess we do all that on the day of the convention.

Oh - in case the developer is reading this - your work really IS much appreciated. I apologize if I came across as too negative

Matt H

Sep 24, 2016, 5:14:01 PM9/24/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Anyone else note some GMs (well at least one) have two events in the same time slot? Hrm...

Jesse Davis

Matt H

Sep 24, 2016, 5:18:16 PM9/24/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
OK cool. Figured maybe someone else went crazy. ;)

Brian Lickey

Sep 25, 2016, 6:56:30 AM9/25/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
their registration system is garbge entered the wrong email and in an attempt to fix it  I get the following

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Could not use ''; file already in use.

/ACEventMan/Tickets/manageaccount-save.asp, line 37

Tim Willard

Sep 25, 2016, 12:40:48 PM9/25/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Registration seems to work ok.  Thanks for all the hard work everyone is doing or has done to get the con and the site up and running.

Brian Lickey

Sep 25, 2016, 1:36:10 PM9/25/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
ROFL Used their on website Email to tech support and got a mailer deamon

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 10:40 AM, 'Tim Willard' via Pathfinder Society Online Collective <pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Registration seems to work ok.  Thanks for all the hard work everyone is doing or has done to get the con and the site up and running.

Matt H

Sep 25, 2016, 4:19:34 PM9/25/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Wow some people on PSOC need to grow up.

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 10:40 AM, 'Tim Willard' via Pathfinder Society Online Collective <pathfinder-society-online-colle...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Registration seems to work ok.  Thanks for all the hard work everyone is doing or has done to get the con and the site up and running.

Simon Stone

Sep 28, 2016, 2:20:24 AM9/28/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I registered some games a while ago and now got my password and logged in. The games are correctly listed with my name as the organizer but they do not show up in My Events or on My Itinerary. Am I supposed to get a ticket to my own event? Because it looks like there are only six tickets per game total.

Sorry if I am missing something obvious here, but I am confused.

Simon Stone

Sep 28, 2016, 1:24:13 PM9/28/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Some more questions:

As a GM of a game, how can I get the table link to my players?

Where can I see the class/level of registered players (both as a GM and a player)? Or do I have to prepare for every subtier possibility?

Simon Stone

Oct 10, 2016, 2:09:06 AM10/10/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I know all you Aethereal people must be quite busy these days, but any advice on the questions below would be much appreciated.

Finegas

Oct 10, 2016, 2:12:40 AM10/10/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Quoting Ironhelixx's response on Discord a little while back when i pestered him with the same question

: We'll be asking for roll20 links, and such, soon - that info will be shared with the players. You should be able to start discussion from there. The AetherCon registration system is a bit cryptic, so we are trying to determine exactly how we will be getting the data from them. I would not expect to start getting much from players until the week of the convention. ~October 3rd

Simon Stone

Oct 10, 2016, 7:29:25 AM10/10/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Thanks Finegas! That is unfortunate, but at least I know what to expect now.

Gerald Colliou

Oct 12, 2016, 4:29:36 AM10/12/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I look somewhere where I can registred me to play the Special 8-00 and not able to find.

Have it's own site is nice, but must be easy to find where registred to a session with available Spot. Warhorn is nice for that
To post to this group, send email to pathfinder-society-online-colle...@googlegroups.com.

Finegas

Oct 12, 2016, 11:12:04 AM10/12/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Ticket Search Area and Filter it by date for Saturday. That should bring up the 8-00 Slots which are all run at the same time at 2:00PM EST
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Corey Cunningham

Nov 3, 2016, 1:47:10 PM11/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Hello -

I am wait-listed (ticket #7) for a game on AEtherCon Friday at 2 pm EST.

Does anyone know, will I be included on the original table invite?
And then do I need to just hang out until the table starts, in the hopes I get a spot?

thank you!

Jesse Davis

Nov 3, 2016, 1:53:56 PM11/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I will verify and let you know (AetherCon must have changed that, as you could not wait list in the system very early on in the process).

- Jesse

Corey Cunningham

Nov 3, 2016, 2:11:04 PM11/3/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Well to be clear, their site doesn't actually call it a "Wait Listed"... I think it just shows tickets available as -1. I knew this going in, but 'bought' it anyway hoping a seat opens up.

thanks!

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Corey Cunningham <game...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello -

I am wait-listed (ticket #7) for a game on AEtherCon Friday at 2 pm EST.

Does anyone know, will I be included on the original table invite?
And then do I need to just hang out until the table starts, in the hopes I get a spot?

thank you!

- Corey
--
Be a Gamer, Be a Dork - Be a Gamerdork!

Nathan S.

Nov 3, 2016, 8:11:02 PM11/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Any word on when those of us running the special will get access to the scenario/what the details of the coordination for it will be?

Jesse Davis

Nov 3, 2016, 8:18:22 PM11/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
An email will go out tomorrow, with details for GMs.

In theory, you should also get scenarios dropped from Paizo tomorrow (Friday, November 4th, 2016).

For those running the special, the tiers are listed on your GM session on the AetherCon website.

Michael Hallet

Nov 7, 2016, 1:00:07 PM11/7/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
A question on the special. If you sign up for a subtier will you only
be allowed to bring a PC of that subtier or will you be allowed to play
up or down 1 subtier? I ask because I was considering signing up and
the PC I would most want to bring is level 6, but the only subtier 5-6
table is already full.

---

Brian Lickey

Nov 9, 2016, 8:59:12 AM11/9/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
so I have only seen 2 Emails about Character details ...
am I the only one or is this a precadent

Nathan S.

Nov 9, 2016, 9:39:50 AM11/9/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
It's on GMs to e-mail about characters this time, which we just found out last night. I'd expect more today.

Brian Lickey

Nov 10, 2016, 6:08:14 AM11/10/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
So Far I still have not recieved Emails for the following games

7-28: Ageless Ambitions [7-11] [Pathfinder RPG (Pathfinder Society) [PFS]]11/11/2016 • 12:00 AM EST Event Organizer - Fiddlers Green
7-05 School of Spirits [1-5] [Pathfinder RPG (Pathfinder Society) [PFS]]11/12/2016 • 7:00 PM EST Event Organizer Sanders S.

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 7:39 AM, Nathan S. <ndsch...@gmail.com> wrote:
It's on GMs to e-mail about characters this time, which we just found out last night. I'd expect more today.

Michael Eshleman

Nov 10, 2016, 9:27:13 AM11/10/16
On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 6:08 AM, Brian Lickey <triol...@gmail.com> wrote:
So Far I still have not recieved Emails for the following games

7-05 School of Spirits [1-5] [Pathfinder RPG (Pathfinder Society) [PFS]]11/12/2016 • 7:00 PM EST Event Organizer Sanders S.

I also have not received an e-mail for this game.

--
Michael Eshleman

Steven M EST (GMT-4)

Nov 10, 2016, 10:57:23 AM11/10/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I have not rec'd info requests or links for
[PFSRPG] 8-03: Captives of Toil [5-9]  11/11/2016 7 PM Est  - Run by Fiddlers Green
[PFSRPG] 7-05 School of Spirits [1-5]: 11/12/2016 7Pm EST- Run by Sanders  S

11/11/2016 • 7:00 PM EST

Jesse Davis

Nov 10, 2016, 11:16:07 AM11/10/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective

wyld windsworn

Nov 10, 2016, 11:34:51 AM11/10/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
.
a question: when i visit a roll20 link to a table i am participating as a player and am unable to join table, what does that mean -- why can i not join the table?

thx

Erich D.

Nov 10, 2016, 11:45:46 AM11/10/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Still awaiting an invite for:

Dreier

Nov 10, 2016, 11:49:29 AM11/10/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
If it is a link like the one for Scool of Spirits above you have to write in the thread in the Discussion that the GM should have created. This is only if it is a link to the Campaign details and not if it is the standrad invite that most of us use with Roll 20.

So if it uses something like: roll20.net/campaign/detail in the link you do not gain automatic access and have to request getting it.

If it looks like this something is wrong with the link: roll20.net/join

wyld windsworn

Nov 10, 2016, 11:54:51 AM11/10/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
.
so even if i click on the roll20 link that gets me to the table which i signed up, the gm still has to allow me privilege to join, correct?

is there an official time that all the tables will open, or is it just the gms are not ready to allow access to players who signed up in their table. i signed up for a bunch and cannot join any table at this point to set up macros early, or able to post in discussion. one table seems to have players already, others with no players.

i'm a bit confused...

@

Michael Eshleman

Nov 10, 2016, 12:28:43 PM11/10/16
On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Dreier <drei...@hotmail.dk> wrote:
If it is a link like the one for Scool of Spirits above you have to write in the thread in the Discussion that the GM should have created. This is only if it is a link to the Campaign details and not if it is the standrad invite that most of us use with Roll 20.

So if it uses something like: roll20.net/campaign/detail in the link you do not gain automatic access and have to request getting it.

If it looks like this something is wrong with the link: roll20.net/join

There is a discussion topic but I have no way to make a post in it.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/895892/jesters-fraud-pfs

"Click the "Post New Topic" button above to start a discussion."  There is no such button.

--
Michael Eshleman

Brian Lickey

Nov 10, 2016, 12:50:23 PM11/10/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
*sigh* whats wrong with good ole emails .... if it aint broke ... dont fix it

Jesse Davis

Nov 10, 2016, 6:29:52 PM11/10/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
"The best laid schemes of Mice and Men
oft do go astray
- Robert Burns,
To a Mouse (Poem, November, 1785)

Howdy!

There seems to be a lot of confusion on how GMs and Players should contact each other for games.

So we want to try and help alleviate some of that confusion, as best we can.

If you are a GM:

* Please make sure there is a comment thread open on your Roll20 campaign page and it is open for people to comment on.  [There seem to be a number of campaign pages with no comment threads, or the threads are not allowing comments to be posted.]

* Email all the players listed in your session(s) your actual Roll20 VTT link(s), and request any info you need, immediately - pretty please.  If you are missing a player's email address, or do not know how to access the list on AetherCon, please let us know ASAP.

* If you have not joined the Discord Chat server yet, please do - this is a good way to ping the community if you are looking for a player (or for players looking for you).

* Also, please go ahead and email us your actual Roll20 VTT link as well, that way we can pass it on if someone comes looking for it.

If you are a Player:

* Please make sure you have joined the Discord Chat server, if you have not already.  It will be easier for everyone to find each other there.

* If your GM has a Roll20 Campaign link listed on the AetherCon registration website session listing, and there is a thread to comment on, make sure and leave a comment so the GM is aware that you have joined.

* If you have not heard from your GM please let us know ASAP (make sure and include info on what session you are referring to).

* If you cannot find your Roll20 VTT link, please let us know and we'll do our best to track it down for you.

* If your GMs have asked for any information, please make sure you get that to them ASAP.  They'll need time to review it prior to the session.

* If you need to setup macros, import characters from the Vault, or anything else - please work with your GM(s) to get that done well ahead of game time so that games are not held up on gameday.

For Everyone:

The site is ugly, and was only intended to be used by us for backroom organizational stuff, but as GMs submit their actual VTT links we will link them at https://pfsataethercon.com, just to have a quick reference sheet everyone will have access to.  So check there often if you need a link, and we'll do our best to have games linked up there as soon as we receive them.  (We'll change the "Sign-Up" to "VTT Link" and we'll drop the "Open Seat" column as that pretty much mostly full at this point anyway.)

If you have any question or concern, please let us know.

Otherwise, we shall see you all at a VTT soon.  :)

Best Wishes,

- Jesse

​Discord Chat: http://PFSChat.com​