Announcement: Official Retirement of the OG Online VLs

Jesse Davis

Jun 29, 2016, 8:03:00 PM6/29/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective

Howdy!

I wanted to take a moment to recognize our two, now officially retired, Online Venture-Lieutenants, Arthur Perkins and Brandon Cecil.

For those who have come to online play in the last year, or so, who may not have seen the hard work these two guys put in before their sabbaticals, just know we would not be what we are today without them.

Brandon was instrumental in the coordination and Overseeing of most of the early Multi-Table Specials at our major online conventions.

And Arthur has been a whirlwind force in Online Play from the very beginning. Working tirelessly to recruit Online GMs, to create training materials and videos for new players and GMs just starting out – even hosting live online seminars to help GMs get started running games online. Arthur also ran tons of Online PFS sessions - running daily at times for long stretches. (Leaving a trail of deceased PCs in his Nat20 wake. =b) And it was Arthur who pushed me to up the time-line for running the first Online Multi-Table special to an earlier date – which turned out to be important to the creation of the Official Online Region. And there are a ton of other things he did in the background that I could not list here or I would be typing all day.

So, PFS Online Play would definitely not be where it is today, as an Official Region, without these two guys. So thank you both.

Brandon can now be found playing the role of Proud Papa to his new son.

Arthur can still be found online in his role as a Twitch Streamer, where he regularly runs loads of different RPGs (including Pathfinder) with an entertaining revolving cast of fellow streamers as players. (As well as streaming whatever PC games suit his fancy between GMing sessions.)

You can catch Arthur's Twitch Streams at http://twitch.tv/APGamingReal.

I am forever indebted to you both. We were lucky to have you while we could.

Best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

I'm proud to call you both fiends.

- Jesse

Jesse R. Davis [IronHelixx]
PFS Venture-Captain, Online Play
Je...@PathfinderSocietyOnline.com
http://PathfinderSocietyOnline.com

Our Mission: To Champion, Serve, Support, and Build the PFS Online Community.

Cronge

Jun 29, 2016, 8:27:00 PM6/29/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
3 cheers to AP and BC! Thanks you both for your service!

Þórarinn Sigurðsson

Jun 29, 2016, 8:52:31 PM6/29/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective

I'm proud to call you both fiends.

- Jesse

Couldent have said it better myself. Arthur got me hooked on online play and has collected many a characters soul, in various systems. He´s also got a lot of great games on youtube, Saga of the Icelanders and some awesome Star wars games are my particular favorites . Thanks for the good times.

Juan Gomez

Jun 29, 2016, 8:58:36 PM6/29/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I never knew either of you but I definitely appreciate the framework you've created that let me enter the online scene so easily (especially because there's almost no pathfindering around where I live). Cheers!

Phil M

Jun 30, 2016, 12:11:14 AM6/30/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
You will both be missed.  Thanks for your hours and hours of time and dedication.

Phil

Terry

Jun 30, 2016, 2:21:52 AM6/30/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all your hard work. Enjoy the 'retirement' :-)