Heads Up: Official Pathfinder Society Early-Registration for AetherCon 2016 will open on July 14th, 2016

Jesse Davis

Jul 7, 2016, 6:45:59 PM7/7/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective

Heads Up: Official Pathfinder Society Early-Registration for AetherCon 2016 will open on July 14th, 2016 at Noon CDT US [UTC-5].

More details to follow.

(** Org-Play GMs should not submit games through the AetherCon GM form, as noted on the website. **)

Finegas

Jul 7, 2016, 7:40:47 PM7/7/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
*Drool*

Gabriel Tang

Jul 7, 2016, 8:24:23 PM7/7/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Dots

James Wygle

Jul 7, 2016, 10:13:15 PM7/7/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
More dots.
Message has been deleted

IronHelixx

Jul 14, 2016, 6:49:02 PM7/14/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Howdy!

Regionally appropriate greeting everyone.

There are three large outstanding questions I am waiting on answers for, so I am going to push the AetherCon Details post out until Monday.  (I would rather delay a few days rather than have to retract and change a bunch of details.)

If anyone has any question, catch us on the Discord server at PFSChat.com and we'll answer what we can there until the full post on Monday.

Have a great one,

- Jesse

Jesse R. Davis [IronHelixx]
PFS Venture-Captain, Online Play
Je...@PathfinderSocietyOnline.com

Our Mission: To Champion, Serve, Support, and Build the PFS Online Community.

Michael Eshleman

Jul 19, 2016, 10:08:33 AM7/19/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Just checking in to see if there are any updates.

Michael Eshleman

Jesse Davis

Jul 19, 2016, 4:17:39 PM7/19/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
​​
Update on AetherCon V Early Registration: AetherCon V Early Registration will only be for Open Gaming sessions (non org-play games) and limited to the first 25 GM that register by July 31st. Org-Play is not included in the open gaming Early Registration. (This was a point of clarification I was waiting on.)

The logic behind this is that open gaming GMs are not supported by Paizo or WotC, or what have you - so they do not get anything for running. Org-Play GMs get boons and can win other prizes during the convention that the open gaming GMs and players are not eligible for, so they want to keep the PDF pack for the first 25 open gaming GMs that sign up.
This is understandable, in that if we submitted even a fraction of what we usually have at an Online Convention PFS alone would probably take all 25 PDF packs before anyone else even had a chance at them. So I get why they have this limitation.

So PFS Org-Play Registration will begin August 1st, 2016 when the general GM registration begins.

In the mean-time we will continue discussing things on the Discord server at PFSChat.com in the #aethercon2016 channel to prepare for the August 1st general submissions.
Apologies for any confusion this may have caused - all the details were not clear in the beginning.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- AetherCon 2016 PFS Dates To Remember ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Non Org-Play Early GM Registration: July 20th, 2016 - July 31st, 2016 General GM Registration: August 1st, 2016 - September 16th, 2016 *
Early Player Registration: September 19th, 2016 - October 2nd, 2016 Scenario Support Submitted to Paizo: October 3rd, 2016 Open Player Registration: October 3rd, 2016 - November 10th, 2016 Convention Dates: November 11th, 2016 - November 13th, 2016
* Note: While AetherCon will cutoff GM registration on September 16th, PFS will accept games through September 30th, 2016. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Convention Session Slots (All times EST US [UTC-5]): ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Friday, November 11th, 2016 ------------------------------ A 2 PM to 7 PM B 7 PM to Midnight C Midnight to 5 AM Saturday, November 12th, 2016 ------------------------------ D 9 AM to 2 PM E 2 PM to 7 PM <--The Season 8-00 Special will be in this slot. F 7 PM to Midnight G Midnight to 5 AM Sunday, November 13th, 2016 ------------------------------ H 9 AM to 2 PM
I 2 PM to 7 PM

Andrew Watson

Jul 19, 2016, 5:39:13 PM7/19/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Is there any idea which, if any, of the specials will be running?

Jesse Davis

Jul 19, 2016, 5:45:22 PM7/19/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
The actual Special will be 8-00 The Cosmic Captive.

There will also be the Exclusives, like Serpents Ire, Through Maelstrom Rift, et cetera.

Simon Stone

Jul 20, 2016, 9:41:30 AM7/20/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I'd be interested in running a scenario or two as a PFS GM but I've never been at a convention before. How does this exactly work? Once PFS sign-up starts o sign up, and then what? Am I free to choose what to run? Well I get one specific scenario to run? Can I choose the time slot?

Sorry if that information is already on the website but I couldn't find it anywhere.

chris manning

Jul 20, 2016, 10:29:59 AM7/20/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
hi simon
you usually choose what to run (except for the special), and you choose the slot(s) you want to run in

On 20 July 2016 at 14:41, Simon Stone <sipr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd be interested in running a scenario or two as a PFS GM but I've never been at a convention before. How does this exactly work? Once PFS sign-up starts o sign up, and then what? Am I free to choose what to run? Well I get one specific scenario to run? Can I choose the time slot?

Sorry if that information is already  on the website but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Simon Stone

Jul 20, 2016, 12:15:39 PM7/20/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Thanks, Chris!

So every PFS GM gets a whole bundle of scenarios? That is very generous!

And who gets to run the specials? Are those only restricted to x-star GMs or similar?

Am Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2016 16:29:59 UTC+2 schrieb chris m:
hi simon
you usually choose what to run (except for the special), and you choose the slot(s) you want to run in

On 20 July 2016 at 14:41, Simon Stone <sipr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd be interested in running a scenario or two as a PFS GM but I've never been at a convention before. How does this exactly work? Once PFS sign-up starts o sign up, and then what? Am I free to choose what to run? Well I get one specific scenario to run? Can I choose the time slot?

Sorry if that information is already  on the website but I couldn't find it anywhere.

chris manning

Jul 20, 2016, 12:25:02 PM7/20/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
TO CLARIFY

You (the GM) chooses what you want to run (at your cost) in any slot EXCEPT slot E (the special), However if the con qualifies for con support, then you may get the scenario(s) (that you are running) for free.

some specials have star restrictions (and convention restrictions)

i'm sure that Jesse will clarify both these in the weeks to come

Chris

On 20 July 2016 at 17:15, Simon Stone <sipr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Chris!

So every PFS GM gets a whole bundle of scenarios? That is very generous!

And who gets to run the specials? Are those only restricted to x-star GMs or similar?

Am Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2016 16:29:59 UTC+2 schrieb chris m:
hi simon
you usually choose what to run (except for the special), and you choose the slot(s) you want to run in

On 20 July 2016 at 14:41, Simon Stone <sipr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd be interested in running a scenario or two as a PFS GM but I've never been at a convention before. How does this exactly work? Once PFS sign-up starts o sign up, and then what? Am I free to choose what to run? Well I get one specific scenario to run? Can I choose the time slot?

Sorry if that information is already  on the website but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Jesse Davis

Jul 20, 2016, 1:14:03 PM7/20/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Simon, et al:

Just to be clear - Every GM does NOT get the AetherCon PDF bundle provided by AetherCon itself.  Those are for the first 25 NON ORG-PLAY games submitted (PFS is Org-Play).  This was cleared up in the previous post(s) after we received clarification from AetherCon.

PFS GMs will get the PDFs for the scenarios they run at the convention, and will get a GM boon, and will also be entered in other PFS specific raffles - but the AetherCon PDF bundles are for the first 25 NON-ORG-PLAY games that register before August 1st, 2016.

So if you want those AetherCon PDF Bundles you will need to run a Savage Worlds One-Shot Game you write yourself (or whatever your RPG system of choice is) and be one of those first 25 games submitted.

Best Wishes,

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Simon Stone <sipr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Chris!

So every PFS GM gets a whole bundle of scenarios? That is very generous!

And who gets to run the specials? Are those only restricted to x-star GMs or similar?

Am Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2016 16:29:59 UTC+2 schrieb chris m:
hi simon
you usually choose what to run (except for the special), and you choose the slot(s) you want to run in

On 20 July 2016 at 14:41, Simon Stone <sipr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd be interested in running a scenario or two as a PFS GM but I've never been at a convention before. How does this exactly work? Once PFS sign-up starts o sign up, and then what? Am I free to choose what to run? Well I get one specific scenario to run? Can I choose the time slot?

Sorry if that information is already  on the website but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Simon Stone

Jul 20, 2016, 2:10:23 PM7/20/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Thanks for the clarification, but it was not really necessary. I shouldn't have use the words PDF bundle, but I was talking about the "con support" or whatever it is called from paizo, where you get the scenarios you want to run for free. It's all good!

Anyways, I totally understand why you would want to emphasize that point again to manage expectations.

Jesse@PathfinderSocietyOnline.com