[Event] Roll20Con 2016 - Friday, June 3rd, 2016

Jesse Davis

May 3, 2016, 8:07:41 PM5/3/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com

Roll20Con 2016

June 3rd, 2016 From 12:00 AM PDT US to 11:59 PM PDT US [UTC-7]

Registration is now live!

This free, online-only celebration of the Roll20 Community will take place on Friday, June 3rd, 2016 for just 24 hours - but you can start preparing, listing, and joining games now! On May 27th, all games labeled forRoll20CON will have access to Plus-level subscription features (including Dynamic Lighting) for free until June 3rd, 2016 at 11:59pm Pacific.

During the convention, some of your favorite streamers and publishers will also be live on Twitch.tv helping Roll20 raise money for Cybersmile, the international non-profit supporting victims of cyberbullying. [Donation details will be available during the Twitch.tv Stream and on Roll20Con.net during the convention.]

We would love to see a strong turnout from the PFS Online Community.

For those interested in running PFS during Roll20Con 2016, please read this post from Roll20Con first:

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3324569/read-me-roll20con-lfg-and-you

Then go to the convention session registration link here and register your game:

https://roll20con.net/con/register

NOTE: Make sure to list your game as "Pathfinder" in the "Playing" section of each session, and tag "PathfinderSociety" in the tags.

(Please use the Pathfinder Society Scenario/AP/Module thumbnail image from Paizo.com as your sessions cover image, or the Pathfinder Society logo [Found here in the community use package]. That will help visually distinguish PFS games from the other systems.)

You can see a full list of games for Roll20Con 2016 here, and player sign-ups need to be handled through Roll20 for the convention.

GMs, once you create your session(s) on Roll20, please submit your game for convention support here:

Session Support Submission Form

(Even if you already have the scenario you are running, please submit your game so we can make sure everyone gets Official PFS convention details and will be eligible for convention boons and prizes.)

Submission Deadline for GM Scenario support is May 18th, 2016 at 12 PM PDT US [UTC-7]. (You can still submit games after that for convention boons and prize support, but you will not get scenario support.)

NOTE: Make sure and link your Roll20 session in the PFS support submission form so PFS sessions can be found easily. [Pseudo-Session Example here.]

** Also, if you plan on streaming your game on Twitch or Google Hangouts on Air, please let us know. We would like to feature and host as many streamers as possible during the convention. **

If you have any questions or concerns, or need help getting a game listed (or anything else), please contact ushere.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

- Jesse

Jesse R. Davis [IronHelixx]
PFS Venture-Captain, Online Play
Je...@PathfinderSocietyOnline.com
http://PathfinderSocietyOnline.com

Our Mission: To Champion, Serve, Support, and Build the PFS Online Community.

Prethen

May 3, 2016, 9:43:51 PM5/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Count me in, Jesse!

I've already done the initial creation for the game and I hope I did everything right so far based on the information above! I plan on running #7-05: School of Spirits at 6PM MDT. I'm just waiting to complete the session registration once that becomes live.

Finegas

May 3, 2016, 10:54:21 PM5/3/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Setup a table as well and i'll echo Prethen in saying i hope i did everything right :p

chris manning

May 4, 2016, 7:54:03 AM5/4/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
sadly this clashes with UK Games Expo, most of the UK PFS crew will be there

On 4 May 2016 at 03:54, Finegas <lord...@gmail.com> wrote:
Setup a table as well and i'll echo Prethen in saying i hope i did everything right :p

Matt H

May 4, 2016, 9:20:06 AM5/4/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
Of course. :/ Such seems to be the case with a lot of conventions. I would love to have seen them schedule this in the "off season" (aka mid to late fall to early to mid spring), when there are fewer conventions afoot.

Cronge

May 4, 2016, 9:27:46 AM5/4/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
The session submission form isn't working.

IronHelixx

May 4, 2016, 8:50:17 PM5/4/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Had to block some addresses that were spamming the form - should be good now.

- Jesse

Finegas

May 4, 2016, 9:01:13 PM5/4/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Its working now, just finalized mine. So far we have 4 pathfinder tables it would appear.

Jesse Davis

May 4, 2016, 9:03:31 PM5/4/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective

I think there are five or six, with more coming.  We have not listed our own games yet either, so we'll add those here soon too.

On Wed, May 4, 2016, 8:01 PM Finegas <lord...@gmail.com> wrote:
Its working now, just finalized mine. So far we have 4 pathfinder tables it would appear.

Cronge

May 5, 2016, 1:17:59 AM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I will be running 7-23 Abducted in Aether, but the choice is not available from the scenario drop down menu in the submission form.

Jesse Davis

May 5, 2016, 1:23:39 AM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I will go ahead and add the unreleased scenarios to the system - it only has currently available scenarios at the moment.

Cronge

May 5, 2016, 1:48:41 AM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
You are awesome as always, sir!

Prethen

May 5, 2016, 9:27:09 AM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Sorry, Jesse, I inadvertently registered a second time (spot #11). You can remove me and then scold me for my need to click every link!

Andrew Watson

May 5, 2016, 9:53:49 AM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Sadly I will be at UK Games Expo that weekend.

Cronge

May 5, 2016, 10:20:56 AM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
I submitted the wrong roll20 link I think for my session. Not sure which one I was suppose to submit.

Prethen

May 5, 2016, 2:59:43 PM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
How do you get Roll20 to automatically subtract from open slots? I recruited via Warhorn and there are no slots open at this point, but Roll20 shows I have 6 open.

Jesse Davis

May 5, 2016, 3:02:53 PM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective

You'll probably have to have those people sign up on roll20 - possibly just have them join the table you created - it's wonky when you try to recruit outside of Roll20Con as they intended registration to occur there so they can track numbers for publicity and future planning

On Thu, May 5, 2016, 1:59 PM Prethen <bgolds...@hotmail.com> wrote:
How do you get Roll20 to automatically subtract from open slots? I recruited via Warhorn and there are no slots open at this point, but Roll20 shows I have 6 open.

Prethen

May 5, 2016, 3:07:20 PM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
So, they just have to follow the normal Roll20 join link? Interesting. What happens when the alts also hit that link...does it allow for "too many" people to join?

DavidC

May 5, 2016, 3:42:02 PM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Is there a way to import a table you have already made? Registering is sending me to a new, blank, Roll 20 page. I'm lazy and don't want to re-invent the wheel if I can avoid it.

On Thursday, 5 May 2016 15:02:53 UTC-4, IronHelixx wrote:

You'll probably have to have those people sign up on roll20 - possibly just have them join the table you created - it's wonky when you try to recruit outside of Roll20Con as they intended registration to occur there so they can track numbers for publicity and future planning

On Thu, May 5, 2016, 1:59 PM Prethen <bgolds...@hotmail.com> wrote:
How do you get Roll20 to automatically subtract from open slots? I recruited via Warhorn and there are no slots open at this point, but Roll20 shows I have 6 open.

Jesse Davis

May 5, 2016, 3:42:41 PM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
It looks like you join when you follow the table join link - Indeed.  (I now have a Confirmation table I will have to drop from now that I have inadvertently joined it.)

My suggestion is just send your table join link to those who sign up on Warhorn and then send it to alts if those drop.

I know it's not the cleanest system they have going on here, but we can make it work.

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 2:07 PM, Prethen <bgolds...@hotmail.com> wrote:
So, they just have to follow the normal Roll20 join link? Interesting. What happens when the alts also hit that link...does it allow for "too many" people to join?

Jesse Davis

IronHelixx

May 5, 2016, 4:31:28 PM5/5/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
OK - Submission duplicates have been removed and all updates have been made.

There are a couple of sessions submitted to us but not registered with Roll20Con - those individuals have been contacted.

We are up to twelve sessions as of right now, and we have not listed our own games yet, so we should be good on hitting the fifteen table support minimum - although we obviously hope to hit a number much higher than that by Con day.  :)

When I get home this evening I will create a guide that's a bit more clear on how we will handle all things related to Roll20Con since it does not allow us to handle registration like we normally would the way they have it setup.

poundp...@yahoo.com

May 6, 2016, 3:24:34 PM5/6/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Does the online con count as far as the free boon for all the gm's that they normally get at a convention con? I'm referring to the star re-roll boon that you have to go to a convention as a gm to get in order to even get one. I had heard that is the only way to get that boon and all the gms get one at a convention for running stuff there.

chris manning

May 6, 2016, 4:00:23 PM5/6/16
to pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com
do you mean 'expanded narrative', that replenishes your GM star REPLAYS based on GM'ing further games ?

On 6 May 2016 at 20:24, poundpuppy30 via Pathfinder Society Online Collective <pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Does the online con count as far as the free boon for all the gm's that they normally get at a convention con? I'm referring to the star re-roll boon that you have to go to a convention as a gm to get in order to even get one. I had heard that is the only way to get that boon and all the gms get one at a convention for running stuff there.

poundp...@yahoo.com

May 6, 2016, 8:53:32 PM5/6/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Boon that lets you recharge your gm stars by running so many scenarios per star to recharge.

Jesse Davis

May 6, 2016, 9:36:06 PM5/6/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
It's the Expanded Narrative boon Chris mentioned - it has been the Alternative GM Boon at conventions since late 2014.  It should be available for Roll20Con but I cannot confirm that for a couple more weeks.

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 7:53 PM, poundpuppy30 via Pathfinder Society Online Collective <pathfinder-society...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Boon that lets you recharge your gm stars by running so many scenarios per star to recharge.

Rob Burdette

May 9, 2016, 10:11:11 AM5/9/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Hey Jesse, you have said, "we have not listed our games yet...".  Do you have any idea when you will list those?  Reason I ask is I want to GM for the convention, but I want to see what time slots I have things I can play before I set-up a time to GM.  (By-product of not having many things I can still play.) Thanks for all you do.

Dan Kelleher

May 18, 2016, 6:03:53 PM5/18/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Just submitted a table of Captive in Crystal, but I guess I'm a bit late for scenario support, huh?

One other question: is listing a game through LFG absolutely required, or can we do the standard Warhorn/PFSOC listing?

Jesse Davis

May 18, 2016, 11:47:16 PM5/18/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
​Caught me just in time for scenario support​ earlier - so that should be good.

You do need to create the Roll20 LFG listing - We need everyone to list the game there for Roll20's records and to qualify for being part of the convention.

Thanks!

- Jesse

Jesse R. Davis [IronHelixx]
PFS Venture-Captain, Online Play
Je...@PathfinderSocietyOnline.com

Our Mission: To Champion, Serve, Support, and Build the PFS Online Community.

Jesse Davis

Finegas

Jun 4, 2016, 12:45:42 AM6/4/16
to Pathfinder Society Online Collective
Thanks for organizing the event :D Had a bit of technical difficulties when one of my players got DCed from Roll20 but we powered through and he eventually got back in. Much fun was had