Question on hardware TNC

Ronny Julian

Jul 18, 2021, 12:43:32 PM7/18/21
to pat-users
Hello.  I've done some looking on the WIKI and not found anything specific.  Does PAT work with a hardware TNC such as what I have?  KPC-3 with 8.2 firmware.  This is not on a RPi but on a Ubuntu 20 MATE install at home.  Trying to avoid setting up Windows just for this.
Thanks!
K4RJJ
Ronny

Torsten Harenberg

Jul 19, 2021, 1:53:35 AM7/19/21
to Ronny Julian, pat-users
Hi Ronny,

as long as your TNC supports KISS mode (most TNCs do), Pat will run
fine using the Linux Kernel AX.25. See

https://github.com/la5nta/pat/wiki/AX25-Linux

for some instructions.

73s

Torsten DL1THM

Ronny Julian

Jul 19, 2021, 6:33:47 AM7/19/21
to pat-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!  I had half the story and had not installed the tools section.  This is much clearer!

Robert Cheek

Jul 21, 2021, 10:09:43 AM7/21/21
to pat-users
So if what is the "Serial TNC" mode for and how is it used.  I would think it would work with a straight Hardware TNC like a PK-232.
Bob - N4RFC