Multiple Callsigns in macOS Using AppleScripts

Joel Black

May 10, 2024, 4:38:51 PMMay 10
to pat-users
I could not find how to use multiple callsigns and service codes on a single install of Pat in the group but I was able to get AppleScripts to do what I wanted after a lot of trial and error with syntax - I am no coder by any stretch of the imagination.

In a nutshell, I created two additional .json files and two AppleScripts - one for my amateur call and one for my SHARES call. Both scripts do the same thing except for one line. If I am using my amateur setup, I copy my amateur callsign .json file to config.json and if I'm using my SHARES call, the script copies my SHARES .json to config.json...

1. Start rig control with hamlib.
2. Copy my callsign .json file to config.json.
3. Start the Pat http service.
4. Start VARA HF with CrossOver (a commercial Wine package I've gladly purchased).

If there's a better way to do this, I cannot figure it out. I would love to see what others have done in macOS. I do see there's a place for an auxiliary callsign in the config.json and I found one post where it appeared that I could have another service code. Each time I tried this, I'd bork my config.json file and have to start over.

I know you can write scripts in Linux but I'm not as knowledgeable with that and I no longer have any interest in a Raspberry Pi - life is much too short to deal with them.

As with anything else, YMMV.

Regards,
Joel - W4JBB