Pat with native AX.25 support available for test

Corey Minyard

Mar 25, 2022, 10:39:39 AM3/25/22
to pat-users
I've been working on getting native AX.25 support into Pat, as it has been a hindrance to me to not have it, and it's kind of a pain to set up Linux.  I have a working (though extremely experimental) version at this point, and I thought people might want to try it out.  And hopefully give me feedback if they do :-).

Go to https://github.com/cminyard/pat/tree/gensio-work and scroll to near the bottom  under the "Pat with native AX.25" label.  This will give instructions on how to build it.

Tested on Linux x86_64, Linux Raspberry Pi, and Windows.  Only with direwolf.  It should work on BSD and MacOS without issue.

I'm not currently supplying any binaries.  If you have reasonable Linux knowledge the instructions will lead you through how to build it.  On Windows, I don't know how to distribute something, and building it is a pain.  If anyone would like to help with that...

This is based on the gensio library, which has C, C++, Python, and obviously Go bindings.  So if you are doing your own AX.25 software, this will make it a lot easier.

-corey - AE5KM

David R. Andersen

Mar 25, 2022, 10:42:55 AM3/25/22
to Corey Minyard, pat-users
Corey - this is a great enhancement! Thanks for the work.

I'll try to put it through it's paces this weekend.

73
Dave K0RX

--
int x=90560580,y=32678;main(){putchar(x);x>>=y&7;y>>=3;return y?main():0;}
Contact info: https://k0rx.com/contact/

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Luke

Mar 25, 2022, 10:45:59 AM3/25/22
to pat-users
Is it a GUI? I built a little gui to not have to use the terminal for ax.25, which you can find on Github and here:
at the bottom of the page.

Corey Minyard

Mar 25, 2022, 1:17:02 PM3/25/22
to pat-users
The "pat http" command works with it.  But this is an enhancement to wl2k-go and the supporting changes to pat, there's no gui involved.

-corey - AE5KM

Corey Minyard

Mar 26, 2022, 6:00:03 PM3/26/22
to pat-users
I was talking to someone about this today and they mentioned digipeating.  Doh!  Anyway, there are some fixes up to handle digipeating properly.  Instructions have not changed, though you'll need to do some git pulls and rebuild everything if you already have this built.

-corey- AE5KM
Message has been deleted

Corey Minyard

Apr 2, 2022, 5:28:36 PM4/2/22
to pat-users
I have been working on this some more, and I'm having zero issues with it in the my use with the most current changes.

Also, I have binary builds for Linux x86_64, Linux arm64, and Windows.  These are available at https://github.com/cminyard/pat/releases/tag/gensio-0.1

If course, feel free to build it yourself, if you like.  If you have a MacOS build, I could add it to the binaries.

Please try it out and report what you find.

Thanks,

-corey - AE5KM