Tactical call signs

Scott Currie

Aug 15, 2022, 3:06:59 PM8/15/22
to pat-users
I am using a couple of tactical call signs in my testing. Is there a way to store the password in the config file so I am not prompted for it each time I connect?

-Scott, NS7C

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Aug 15, 2022, 3:32:20 PM8/15/22
to Scott Currie, pat-users
Hi Scott,

Yes there is :)

Just append :MYPASS to the aux address string in your config.

Have a look at the AuxAddrs example in the config docs here: https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/la5nta/pat/cfg?utm_source=godoc#Config.

--
73 de LA5NTA / Martin

man. 15. aug. 2022, 21:07 skrev Scott Currie <scott.d...@gmail.com>:
I am using a couple of tactical call signs in my testing. Is there a way to store the password in the config file so I am not prompted for it each time I connect?

-Scott, NS7C

Scott Currie

Aug 15, 2022, 4:07:42 PM8/15/22
to pat-users
Yeah, that's what I guessed, but it doesn't seem to work. Here is my config (not the real passwords):

  "mycall": "NS7C",
  "secure_login_password": "pass1",
  "auxiliary_addresses": ["sloecc-6:pass2"],
  "locator": "CM95PP",
  "service_codes": [
    "PUBLIC EMCOMM"
  ],

-Scott, NS7C

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Aug 15, 2022, 4:43:25 PM8/15/22
to Scott Currie, pat-users
Could you try that with the aux address written in caps? Might be a bug in the code matching the CMS prompt with the address in your config.

Thanks!

Scott Currie

Aug 15, 2022, 4:52:40 PM8/15/22
to pat-users
Yep, that fixed it!

Next config issue, I'm trying to add a second connection alias, but I can't seem to get the syntax correct, can you give an example of that? I'm using gensio, and trying to add "NS7C-10": "gax25:///NS7C-10"

-Scott

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Aug 15, 2022, 5:11:19 PM8/15/22
to Scott Currie, pat-users
Glad it worked out :) I'll fix that case sensitive lookup in a future release.

Your alias looks good to me. I would suggest you try to define an alias with one of the offically supported transports like ax25:// or ardop:// first. If you are still having issues, please start another thread so we don't go completely off topic in this one :)

--
73 de LA5NTA / Martin