Position Report

Keith Kaiser

Oct 20, 2021, 1:25:15 PM10/20/21
to pat-users
Why does the position report page always show "Last position update approximately 31 years ago…” even after just sending a report?

Keith, WA0̷TJT
Take a look at: https://net-control.us
Then consider joining: https://groups.io/g/NCM

Chris Keller

Oct 27, 2021, 10:25:55 PM10/27/21
to Keith Kaiser, pat-users
Keith,

I looked a bit into this, and the relevant code is here. We normally try to use the time coming out of your GPS to figure the current time, and that might be wrong for some reason. To get around this you can try using your computer's time instead of the GPS's time by setting your config file to look like this:

{
  "gpsd": {
    "enable_http": true,
    "use_server_time": true,
    "addr": "localhost:2947"
  },
}

You could also try to confirm this problem by using a gpsd client program like cgps or gpsmon.

Let me know if that helps!

Chris, K0SWE