Multiple Accounts or Call Signs

K8TCS

Apr 29, 2022, 2:58:04 PM4/29/22
to pat-users
I thought I had seen this discussed before but for the life of me I can't find it.

This weekend in Michigan we are holding a SET, and I an the control operator for the county EOC and so will be using the county EOC call sign.

Besides editing my config.json and copying back and forth my config.json with my call and the county call, is there a better way to handle multiple accounts and or call signs?

Thanks
-Tad Smedes
K8TCS
N-scale

Corey Minyard

Apr 29, 2022, 4:10:10 PM4/29/22
to pat-users
You can use the --config option to pat to have multiple config files.  That's probably the easiest way.

-corey - AE5KM

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

May 1, 2022, 11:04:49 AM5/1/22
to K8TCS, pat-users
Hi Tad,

You can use auxiliary addresses for this :)

Read about them in the config docs: https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/la5nta/pat/cfg

I realize this response is a bit late, but hopefully you can use it next time you are net control.

--
73 de LA5NTA / Martin

Tad Smedes

May 1, 2022, 12:50:51 PM5/1/22
to Martin Hebnes Pedersen, pat-users
Thanks Martin, appreciate the help and of course please keep up the great work on the software.  Hugely appreciated.

-Tad Smedes
K8TCS
N-scale
--
Thanks
-Tad Smedes

"...misunderstandings and neglect create more confusion in this world than trickery and malice. At any rate, the last two are certainly much less frequent."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, The Sorrows of Young Werther - 1774

K8TCS

May 5, 2022, 11:09:34 PM5/5/22
to pat-users
So just getting back around to this.  This is what I have config.json:
"auxiliary_adresses": [
   "SOMECALL:SOMEPASSWORD"
]'

And yes in the file I use an actual call and password.

This doesn't seem to work, or at least it is not retrieving messages.  My guess is my syntax is incorrect, but any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
-Tad Smedes
K8TCS
N-scale

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

May 6, 2022, 4:19:07 PM5/6/22
to K8TCS, pat-users
You're missing the second 'd' in addresses :-)