Node traversal

Scott Currie

Apr 15, 2024, 1:43:06 PMApr 15
to pat-users
Is there any documentation on how this feature is used:

Add low-level support for packet node traversal (connection pre-hook)

-Scott, NS7C

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Apr 16, 2024, 1:15:07 AMApr 16
to Scott Currie, pat-users
Hi Scott,

There is some details in the usage text for the connect CLI command. Run `pat connect help`.

We need to write a wiki page for this.

You can find an example script I wrote here: https://github.com/la5nta/pat/pull/432#issuecomment-1843635247.

Please note that this is a low-level feature, requiring shell scripting experience. Our plan is to add a higher level packet-specific scripting language on top of this in a later release.

--
73 de LA5NTA / Martin

Ryan Jacoby

Apr 16, 2024, 1:20:23 AMApr 16
to pat-...@googlegroups.com

Martin,

I was testing this with AX.25 using Direwolf and it didn't seem to be setting up the path.  I think this is a Direwolf issue, not a Pat issue.  Have you(or anyone else on the list) tested this with a software AX.25 modem and if so what software were you using?

Thanks,
Ryan Jacoby [KN6REG]

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Apr 16, 2024, 7:49:08 AMApr 16
to Ryan Jacoby, pat-users
Hi Ryan,

The implementation is transport agnostic, so it should work just as well with all modems.

Did you try monitoring the traffic to see what's going on?

--
Martin