VARA FM Beta

Michael Lussier

Mar 9, 2022, 10:58:50 AM3/9/22
to pat-users

fresh install new microSD card...

I'm  running a Pi3 B+ Using DRA-45
OS is Bulleye 32bit
installed pat_a756245_linux_armhf.deb
ran the install for wine for varafm from https://github.com/WheezyE/Winelink

when I attempt to run vara it dies with this error from wine

pat-vara:~ $ wine 'VARA FM'
Box86 with Dynarec v0.2.5 ed8e01ea built on Dec 10 2021 23:45:16
err:module:check_vmsplit Warning: memory above 0x80000000 doesn't seem to be accessible.
Wine requires a 3G/1G user/kernel memory split to work properly.
Box86 with Dynarec v0.2.5 ed8e01ea built on Dec 10 2021 23:45:16
err:virtual:virtual_alloc_first_teb wine: failed to map the shared user data: c0000017

What have a missed ??

Mike

KM4ACK

Mar 10, 2022, 11:31:50 AM3/10/22
to pat-users
Mike,

Per the first line of the readme file https://github.com/WheezyE/Winelink a Pi 4 is required for this project Later in the file he mentions that the Pi 3 may be compatible at a later date.

73, de KM4ACK

Wheez

Mar 10, 2022, 6:05:22 PM3/10/22
to KM4ACK, pat-users
Yes, KM4ACK is correct: Pi3B+ might be implemented in the near future.  If you would like to for now, you could also try changing your 2G/2G kernel into a 3G/1G kernel by using PiApps to install box86 and then running the Winelink script again, though I haven't tested it yet.

The DRA board's PTT also unfortunately won't work with VARA with box86/wine at this time, though VOX should work.  (I hadn't realized how many people were running DRA boards - but it seems like it's a lot of people!).  I've submitted a bug ticket to box86 to try to help DRA PTT compatibility asap, though that might take a while too.

Eric