pat winlink and Apple macbook pro

Richard Whitcroft, KC3RRW

Aug 4, 2021, 9:36:18 AM8/4/21
to pat-users
I loaded pat winlik to my mac..... i cannot find the application anywhere ... has this happened to anyone else?

dre...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2021, 1:34:34 PM8/4/21
to pat-users
Pat is a command line application.    Try opening up a terminal window and type "which pat".  On my mac, pat shows up in /usr/local/bin/.    If you don't have this directory location in your executable path then you may have to run it directly or fix your path.   See example below.

hnpmac1 1005% /usr/local/bin/pat  http

2021/08/04 13:01:50 Starting HTTP service (0.0.0.0:5000)...

Mark Warrick

Aug 4, 2021, 7:01:18 PM8/4/21
to pat-users
By default it installs into /Users/{your username}/.wl2k by default when you install on a Mac.  Within that directory, check for (or create) a subdirectory "Standard_Forms" and copy all your forms into that directory.  (Download from https://www.winlink.org/content/how_manually_update_standard_templates_version_10159). To see the hidden directory in the Finder, Command + Shift + . (full stop/period) - then you can copy the files you downloaded into the template directory.

Also note: You can edit the config.json file directly with Notepad or any other text editor of your choice.

---mark, KM6ZPO