Differences in SHARES Spotrep-2 Form vs WLE

Wiley Sanders

May 8, 2022, 10:11:45 PM5/8/22
to pat-users
Prepping for next Thursday's Winlink Thursday, which requires the submission of a SHARES Spotrep-2 Form, I notice some differences between the examples given in the Winlink ETO instructions and the latest Pat 1.0.191.0 forms package. These difference will probably cause submissions to next Thursday's exercise to fail:

Pat:pat1.png
WLE:
wle1.png
Pat:
pat2.png
WLE:
wle2.png
Pat:
pat3.png
WLE:
wle3.png
Pat:
pat4.png
WLE:
wle4.png
Is there a way to submit a bug report/RFE?

Wiley

Kevin Zembower

May 12, 2022, 6:58:47 PM5/12/22
to pat-users
I'm hoping for a resolution for this, too, as I'm trying to complete the EmComm Exercise.

-Kevin
KC3KZ

Kevin Zembower

May 13, 2022, 1:39:00 PM5/13/22
to pat-users
I received this information privately:
======================

Please don't use the SHARES/SpotRep-2 form for the upcoming EmcommTraining.org 2022-05-14 "Operation Ashfall" drill.

Please use the General/Field Situation Report for the drill.

The SpotRep-2 form has been deprecated and removed from the Winlink Express forms collection -- I don't recall when version, but it's certainly in the current 194 version. Please update your forms and use General/Field Situation Report.

==================================

Chris Keller

May 18, 2022, 7:37:18 AM5/18/22
to Wiley Sanders, pat-users
Hi Wiley,

To answer your question, the best place to file bug reports and feature requests is on GitHub: https://github.com/la5nta/pat/issues.

However, to the issue at hand, I strongly suspect there's a mismatch between your forms versions between Pat and WLE. I just updated to forms package 1.0.194.0, and the SHARES/Spotrep form now says it was renamed as "GENERAL/Field Situation Report", which looks identical to your WLE examples. So I'd recommend upgrading the forms again and seeing if that helps.

Chris Keller

May 18, 2022, 7:37:21 AM5/18/22
to Kevin Zembower, pat-users
Thanks for the confirmation, it seems like that was a relatively recent change.

Bob Tykulsker

May 18, 2022, 7:37:26 AM5/18/22
to Kevin Zembower, pat-...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Please don't use the SHARES/SpotRep-2 form for the upcoming EmcommTraining.org 2022-05-14 "Operation Ashfall" drill.

Please use the General/Field Situation Report for the drill.

The SpotRep-2 form has been deprecated and removed from the Winlink Express forms collection -- I don't recall when version, but it's certainly in the current 194 version. Please update your forms and use General/Field Situation Report.

Cheers,

Bob, KM6SO

ETO Technical Team