How to add a new template to PAT?

Fabián Alejandro Juárez Martínez

Apr 17, 2024, 6:24:56 PMApr 17
to pat-users
Hi!

I need to know how to install a different template to use it in my Winlink Wednesday activities.

I participate in Kentucky Winlink Wednesday but they use the Kentucky Winlink form to check-in (https://www.lcarcky.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Kentucky_Winlink_V5.zip) but I don´t know how to install it.

73 de XE2XEH/Fabian

Using HP Chromebook 11A G8 EE with Debian Linux Bookworm
Pat running into Debian Linux Dev Envoronment

Dominic Reich

Apr 18, 2024, 12:25:58 PMApr 18
to pat-...@googlegroups.com
Fabián Alejandro Juárez Martínez <fabian...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I need to know how to install a different template to use it in my Winlink
>Wednesday activities.
>
>I participate in Kentucky Winlink Wednesday but they use the Kentucky Winlink
>form to check-in (https://www.lcarcky.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/
>Kentucky_Winlink_V5.zip) but I don´t know how to install it.

Unzip the file to $USER/.local/share/pat/Standard_Forms

That should create a subdirectory with all the files from the archive.

Optionally delete the "__MACOSX" folder (I have no idea why people
include their Finder/folder settings from MacOS in those archives at all).

I'm not sure (right now) if there's another solution for custom forms
but I use this for some time now. Updating forms did not remove my
"custom" directory within the Standard_Forms directory.

73

-dominic

--
We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese

Chris Keller

Apr 19, 2024, 1:50:55 AMApr 19
to pat-users
Right, Dominic has the right solution for the moment. We ought to make a separate folder for custom forms, but putting them in Standard_Forms does no harm.