Cannot connect to an MPS

Robert Bower

May 8, 2024, 12:18:41 PMMay 8
to pat-users
I am having trouble connecting with Pat on Linux using VARA.  Everything seems to be working correctly.

Everything has worked in the past.  What is going on now is the following:

1. I select a station to connect to from the list and hit connect.
2.  My station will transmit
3. On the second or third try the station I am calling will respond with a something that sounds like winlink
4. My station responds.
5. The MPS will respond with something that sounds like cw.
6. My station responds
7. The MPS does not respond again on any further tries
8. My station tries again till it hits the timeout.

I have tried this with several different MPSes on several bands and the same sequence happens.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks and 73.

Kjell R. Jørstad

Jun 9, 2024, 3:10:11 PMJun 9
to pat-users
I have a similar problem. It looks like PAT is trying to respond to quick (too short intervals between TX and RX) - that is my (not so scientific) impression.

It used to work here with my FTDX10 and Mac when using USB cable straight to the radio. But after I installed the SCU-LAN10 interface and using the radio server in FT-Control I have not been able to connect to any RMS. There is a little lag when going through FT-Control

Kjell R. Jørstad - LB0YI
Message has been deleted

Ole Saastad

Jun 16, 2024, 3:44:52 PMJun 16
to pat-users
I assume you set the number of tried to a high enough number ? While this is a trivial answer it could be an issue, I've experienced over 10-14 tries before connecting.

Regards,
Ole / LB4PJ

søndag 16. juni 2024 kl. 01:56:57 UTC+2 skrev je...@va2ss.com:
Did you set your transceiver AGC to FAST ??? I using an Icom IC-7300... while I set the AGC to slow when listening to SSB ragchew.... I need to set it back to FAST when doing digital stuff.

73 de Jeff | VA2SS

"Kjell R. Jørstad"

Jun 16, 2024, 4:52:35 PMJun 16
to Ole Saastad, pat-users
I have 15 tries. But it looks like maybe the network lag using remote (FT-Control) is affecting this. It did not happen using USB cable straight to the radio

BTW! The faint signal is my own (monitor)

Video.mov

Robert Bower

Jul 17, 2024, 4:19:08 PM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to pat-users
I purchased a FT-891 and am still having the same issue I had with the G90.  See original post.
Message has been deleted