PAT Winlink 0.12.1 on Buster Private Templates allowed?

Dave Christensen

Mar 10, 2022, 9:20:38 AM3/10/22
to pat-users
The Winlink Thursday exercise for March 10 required loading and using a private template.  I can not find out how to make this work in PAT v0.12.1 on my Raspberry Pi.  I created a folder in .local/share/pat/Standard_Forms with a folder of my callsign and copied the private form to this location.  The folder doesn't display when I try to compose a message and select templates.

Am I missing something or is this a feature not in PAT Winlink?

The link to the exercise is here:  /emcomm-training.org/Winlink_Thursdays.html  listed under the March 10th exercise.

Thanks for the great work on PAT

Chris Keller

Mar 10, 2022, 8:25:08 PM3/10/22
to Dave Christensen, pat-users
Hi Dave,

I'm going through those exercises too, and I'm about to try the same challenge. I'll let you know if I figure out something that works!

Chris, K0SWE

Chris Keller

Mar 10, 2022, 8:47:53 PM3/10/22
to Dave Christensen, pat-users
Oh, I thought I remembered seeing something about this: there's an open issue for text-only templates like the one being distributed by ETO. If it were an HTML form we probably could have dropped it in the Standard_Forms directory (we probably need to open an issue for a private templates directory), but since it's text only, it's not being found because of issue #325.

Sorry about that, but we'll get working on it. That's the great thing about going through ETO's exercises, they're covering a lot more use cases than I normally do on my own.