Time delay between connection attempts

Christopher Molnar

Mar 13, 2022, 4:20:13 PM3/13/22
to pat-users
Good Evening,

Finally got pat to talk with ardop and to control the PTT on the radio FT-840 through signalink.

I have yet to make a connection though due to a number of issues. One thing I have noticed is that ardop is not waiting long enough between PTT / connection attempts. I do not think it is ever hearing the response from the server. It appears that the radio is not even out of transmit mode before it is clicking back into transmit again.

Is there any setting to cause the attempts to delay a little longer so it may receive a response?

Or am I missing a setting on the radio (like split mode??)

Thanks!

MJ Inabnit

Mar 14, 2022, 1:11:54 PM3/14/22
to pat-...@googlegroups.com

The signalink has an actual knob (DELAY) to control the delay.

73

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken

Christopher Molnar

Mar 18, 2022, 11:27:35 AM3/18/22
to pat-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, but it seems that Ardop is issuing the connection attempts too fast, no delay to listen at all. Wondering if there is a config setting to increase the listen for response before attempting next handshake.

Sent from my iPhone