Newbie: Responses to requests come to internet email address?

Kevin Zembower

Apr 29, 2022, 10:03:18 AM4/29/22
to pat-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, all,

I've just started to use Pat-Winlink this week, so the answer to my
question may be easy and simple.

All the responses to the messages I've successfully sent via HF
(Position reports, requests for weather and propagation information,
etc) have come to me at the internet address I used to register with
Winlink (ke...@zembower.org). None of them have been returned to me via
HF to my Pat-Winlink inbox.

Is this the way that Winlink is supposed to work? I'm guessing not, as
Winlink is popular with sailors and mariners who don't have access to
the internet. Is there a setting I should use to get returns over-the-air?

Thanks for your help and advice.

-Kevin
KC3KZ

Kevin Zembower

Apr 29, 2022, 10:36:22 AM4/29/22
to Don VA7QU Poaps, pat-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Don, thank for replying.

I have these entries for email at www.winlink.org:

=====================

PW Recovery e-mail:

ke...@zembower.org
Alternate (temporary forwarding) e-mail:
SMTP:kzem...@gmail.com

Just to be sure, are you saying that I have to delete the "Alternate
(temporary forwarding) e-mail: " address?

After some further searching on the internet, I thought I'd have to add
'winlink.org' to my whitelist. Is this done automatically?

Thanks, again, for your help.

-Kevin
KC3KZ